6/07/2005 10:56am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu
    I read this book a while ago.

Deadliest Men: The World's Deadliest Combatants Throughout the Ages

I recommend it for anyone interested in the exploits of "Dangerous Men," and women, throughout history. It's not just about martial artists. It's about fighter pilots, Zulu warriors, criminals, law men, etc. These people really piled up the bodies. Some of it is fact some of it is legend but it's all good.
    La Maupin! He's got La Maupin on the list! Of gotta get that book.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2005 11:09am

Style: MMA/SDF

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jeez... put ONE little ole two fisted, sword swinging, sex crazed female in a book and they ALL want it!!

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    6/07/2005 12:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Either one of these three would make those guys regret the day they were born:

Lorena Bobbit

Lizzie Borden

Bonnie Parker

Posted On:
    6/07/2005 2:07pm

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it would be more funny if they marketed it like:
    "get these videos while you can, because at the end of the month they will all fight to the death to decide supremacy. never again will you be able to cheaply acquire these videos!!"
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

aahhh...the colors

Posted On:
    6/07/2005 3:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Sub Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanORourke
    Chris lost his fight by decision - very easily could have gone either way.

3 two minute rounds - Chris wasn't winded at the end and looked like a seasoned vet - picked his shots and landed effectively. He wasn't as aggressive as his opponent, and that is what cost him the fight. I was very surprised at his power - the man has a tremendous Thai kick.
    I stayed home and watched the UFC, but I read all about it on the OKFightNews forum. I'm not too crazy about the 3 round format. It works for the MMA fights, but it's too short for the kickboxing matches.
    Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that kickboxing is commonly known as fighting while grappling simply isn't. - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2005 6:24pm

Style: Multiple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree 100% - it was Ryan McClain's first fight so I think 5 would have been hard for him (even though he is in EXCELLENT condition) whereas Chris could have cruised all the way through.

The only reason I stuck up for Chris as much as I did on OKFightnews.com is because I've been one of his biggest critics, given him more hell than just about anyone, and he really was a very good kickboxer - great power and had plenty of ring savvy. Just too short of a fight. I'm man enough to admit I was wrong about his skill level. His marketing for his tapes however... lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2005 6:26pm

Style: Multiple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PS - did you see the vote for Am MMA on OKFightnews? The Oklahoma Boxing commission is voting on it this week...

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/07/2005 7:19pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzaro Root
    http://www.trsdirect.com/talent.php

Mike Serr
    http://www.trsdirect.com/talent.php?id=Serr
    he has all kinds of unbacked or vague creditials and an official memeber of the gracie jiu jitsu clan. was a cooler just like in road house. was also a 007 maybe 008 agent. did a couple of mission impossible for the fun of it. had a liscense to kill anyone from the goverment and used it. and has and i quote "black belts up the ying-yang".

Here you go.

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/f...ighterID=10496

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    6/08/2005 2:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jim Aravantis an insult to Hellenic culture. He "reconstructed" Pankration by using Asian MA and then called it Pankration? Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Posted On:
    6/08/2005 8:36am

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega

you sure this is the same guy, cause in his tsr bio, he speak nothing of his mundials and pan am gold medals, or the fact that he fought in mixed martial arts. just a buncha bs about being a 007 agent, a cooler, a black ops goverment assassin.

if its him id be pissed at tsr.
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast