Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    6/03/2005 9:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by afronaut

Jim Arvanitis has been a body double for Art Garfunkle for more than 35 years, protecting him from the Sercret Cartel of Folksingers, many of whom are as big as an ultimate frisbee enthusiast and twice as mean!!!!!!
    Anyone heard anything bad about Jim? He's the original Pankration guy and his stuff looks top notch to me.

As for the idea of 40 most deadly... what crap. GW Bush invades countries. Even the Belgiums have nuclear bombs. With the best will in the world, unarmed fighting is pretty low down the list of deadly attributes.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

game dog

Posted On:
    6/03/2005 10:00am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The sad thing is that this site throws some legit badasses (Vunak, Taktarov, probably a few of the others) together with a bunch of clowns and gives each of them the same overblown superdeadlyspecialforcesneverbeendefeated bios, so you think they're all bullshido. When in fact it's probably just 80% of them.

Apart from that, it's pretty funny.
    There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

Posted On:
    6/03/2005 12:23pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    Anyone heard anything bad about Jim? He's the original Pankration guy and his stuff looks top notch to me.

As for the idea of 40 most deadly... what crap. GW Bush invades countries. Even the Belgiums have nuclear bombs. With the best will in the world, unarmed fighting is pretty low down the list of deadly attributes.

thats the joke dumbass

dont take it so seriously i was making fun of the way there all marketed to be

ex 007 agents
    trained fbi,cia,spec ops
    all have unbeatable systems
    and every other crazy bullshido claim.
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

aahhh...the colors

Posted On:
    6/03/2005 1:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Sub Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chris Clugston is actually fighting here in Tulsa tomorrow night.
    Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that kickboxing is commonly known as fighting while grappling simply isn't. - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2005 12:24am

Style: Multiple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAlrdyNum
    Chris Clugston is actually fighting here in Tulsa tomorrow night.
    I'll be there if you want to stop by and say hello -

Clugston is a pretty decent guy - I've gotten to know him this year and he meets me and some other local fighters out for beers occasionally - but we've all busted his balls BIG TIME over the TRS stuff - he admitted that THEY do the marketing and the fighters/instructors have nothing to do with it - TRS just markets to their target demographic (first time martial artists - people afraid/not willing to go to a gym/train at home types, etc)... but even after his explanation we still give him a lot of hell! lol

You going to the fights?

i don't think Mike Dillon will be there since he is going head-to-head with Dale 'Apollo' Cook for his new fighting league, but I'll be there if you want to stop by and say hello.

Hell - I'll even take you back in the fighter locker room and introduce you to Cluggy and Dale if you want!

My seats - ringside - Section A - Row B - seats 11, 12, 13 - I'll probably have 2 girls w/ me, so I'll be handsome devil in the middle...

After fights after party is at GraySnail (15th & peoria) - I reserved the VIP room for the OKFightNews.com members and all the fighters/promoters - so if you want to come, just tell the door guy you're with me/OKFightNews/the fights - whatever. Just don't abuse it cause they're hooking us up (as in don't tell every Tom, Dick, and LeeRoy they can get in for free).

Hope to meet you in person tomorrow night!

Bryan

PS - I'll be extremely drunk, so don't hold that against me!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2005 12:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh - funny story - a guy that is fighting tomorrow night - Beau 'OneManArmy' Taylor got ahold of a Comhrac Bas tape and we had a huge group (me, Beau, Matt Wiman and Gibb Wingate - all fighting tomorrow - Dale, Mikey Burnett, Thomas Longacre - fighting tomorrow) - anyhow - we're all drinking beers and have this Comhrac Bas tape to watch but we couldn't get the VCR hooked up b/c Smitty didn't have a coax input on his flat screens.

But anyway - funny as hell b/c everyone from the top to the bottom here knows Chris' TRS stuff is just flat out silly... and turned out in force to watch the video and poke a little fun!

Posted On:
    6/04/2005 12:10pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chris may be a legitimate fighter and a good teacher but after watching him claim a heritage to the Roman Gladiators and riding that lie, there is no way I could take anything he says seriously. "I train members of the french foreign legion in hand to hand" Great Chris, but after your previous history of Bullshit, I'm not going to believe it just because you say so, I'd probably need a notorized letter from the head of the FFL to take such a claim seriously. Then I watched him on some Oklahoma fight board justify his marketing because 1) its a new age of marketing. and 2) Matt Furey does it and makes lots of money. Guess what, just because they are martial arts newbies doesn't justify lying to them. Thats like me saying as a lawyer, I have a right to lie my clients just because they know nothing about the law. What a load of horseshit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2005 4:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Chris may be a legitimate fighter and a good teacher but after watching him claim a heritage to the Roman Gladiators and riding that lie, there is no way I could take anything he says seriously. "I train members of the french foreign legion in hand to hand" Great Chris, but after your previous history of Bullshit, I'm not going to believe it just because you say so, I'd probably need a notorized letter from the head of the FFL to take such a claim seriously. Then I watched him on some Oklahoma fight board justify his marketing because 1) its a new age of marketing. and 2) Matt Furey does it and makes lots of money. Guess what, just because they are martial arts newbies doesn't justify lying to them. Thats like me saying as a lawyer, I have a right to lie my clients just because they know nothing about the law. What a load of horseshit.
    Trust me - we give him hell all the time.

I'll let you guys know how he does in his fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2005 12:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chris lost his fight by decision - very easily could have gone either way.

3 two minute rounds - Chris wasn't winded at the end and looked like a seasoned vet - picked his shots and landed effectively. He wasn't as aggressive as his opponent, and that is what cost him the fight. I was very surprised at his power - the man has a tremendous Thai kick.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2005 7:29am

Style: Chicken Choking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.trsdirect.com/talent.php?id=Long
    Holly fucking Secret Squirrel!

Actually you can easily get the second part of his "secret" name from the link. It's K. Long.....which sound like a character from Street Fighter of something.

My favourite bit is:

worked Middle Eastern "executive protection" for high-profile U.S. businessmen (where you either know your stuff or you're dead)
    Yeah....those business men sure can be angry when they're pissed....

My second favourite bit is:

I literally received a five-page, single-spaced "resume" of rock-solid credentials that looks like it belongs to 10 accomplished bodyguards, military men and SWAT cops combined. It's that good.
    Which translates to:

I received a bunch of bullshit from a guy with "no name". Being a retard I don't question this and accept it as face value. I can't fact check anything because Mr X has no name. I do however wonder if the weight of my own stupidity and indeed that of the people that buy this **** might eventually become so great as to crush the very world we live on, Oh and I suck cock.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 LastLast