Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2006 8:01am

Style: No-Gi BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A lot of the time when I'm doing the fireman's carry I like to go for the outer leg instead of the standard way of taking the inner leg. It ends up looking more like a dump than a traditional fireman's. The advantage is that the outer leg is usually easier to get because you don't have to reach across his body, and you don't have to worry about the crucifix. The disadvantage is that your opponent's weight isn't distributed as well over your hips, so you can't pick him up and it can be a little harder to finish. Generally, if I don't think the guy is good enough to crucify me and I can get it, I'll take the inner leg. But if it's on a better guy or he's sprawling well, then I'll take the outer leg. By the way, I've hit this on everyone from white belts to a brown belt and never been crucified. I think this is generally because if someone is good enough to get me into a crucifix, then they're probably good enough to defend the fireman's in the first place.
    Last edited by thomaspaine; 12/10/2006 8:03am at .

Posted On:
    12/10/2006 10:11am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gringokahn
    Hate to be a thread resurrector, but I'm using the search box like a good no0b should...

Anyways, I just bought Gene Simco's book "Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Basics+DVD"...tell me this guy's not a fraud...god I feel stupid for not checking here first anyways...

:ohyeah:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...2gene+simco%22

Hope it helps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2006 4:05pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, Judo, WTF TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophist
    Thanks a lot man, I wonder why that thread didn't come up in my search?...oh well, I am taking this back today...!

Thanks again! I love this place!

:occasion1
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456