Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2005 10:50pm

Style: Wrestling, Camarillo BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Any opinions on the dojo I'll be attending.....

Well after a little while of looking for a school, I found a place that teaches Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.( www.koumeidojo.com ) I wanted a place that taught Muay thai to, but when I went there and sat and watched a class I asked the head instructor about it and he said theres a few guys at the school who study Muay Thai but there's no world class instructor to teach the class. He told me that they often sit on the side mat and get some practice in during the women's kickboxing class and I could join them and learn all the basics free of charge.

About the school, all I know is the monthly fee is $55 a month for BJJ and I can train as often as I want(I have to have taken 20hrs of basics practice until I can roll with the advanced group and start sparring), the dojo is the primary training facility of a winning record Pro MMA(www.brocklarson.com they have some vids), and lastly the few things I know about the head instructor, Jared Feierabend, is that he's a 3rd degree black belt in Kempo, and a sanctioned instructor of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Pedro Sauer.

Anybody want to give me some opinions about the school, or know some more information about the head instructor or dojo from either first hand or through people you know?

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    5/27/2005 11:58pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who's the instructor for BJJ? $55/mo for BJJ is a good price.

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2005 12:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jared Feierabend, he's a sanctioned teacher under Pedro Sauer, and other than that I don't know much about him cept for when i talked to him and watched his class.

Posted On:
    5/28/2005 2:42pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like a damn good opportunity to me.

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    5/29/2005 12:51am

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No instructor bio on the website. But if you know for a fact that he's affiliated with Pedro Sauer, then I'm sure his BJJ is legit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2005 1:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure he's affiliated with Pedro Sauer, it's on his brochure, his name and dojo are under the association section of the pedrosauer.com, and it's also painted on the wall of the dojo. I'm just curious what belt he is in BJJ(Not that it matters, but where it talks about him on brocklarson.com it mentions he's a 3rd degree black belt in kempo, and a sanctioned instructor of BJJ but never mentions what belt he's ranked)

Posted On:
    5/29/2005 1:50am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So ask him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2005 1:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    its hard for some to go from a prestigious 3rd degree black back to white. He may not promote his belt rank due to the fact that people will come to a school taught by a 3rd Dan as opposed to purple belt.

But, (and this is a huge but) anyone who can after so much time see that their own art realize its flaws and still have enough humility to go back to the drawing board and start over ... he cant be all that bad.

Alot of us after earning our black belts went back to white to start training in ground/mat work.

His acreditations dont matter as much as how do you like him? Does he seem to be nice? Would you want him as your coach?

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 10:37am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jarad is a black belt under Dave Camarillo. He is a world class instructor. you train under jarad and you are getting some of the best training you can get.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 11:23am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    five years ago thanks you for your input.