Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2005 7:42am

supporting member
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How is the Sanshou scene in the UK? Any clubs/styles that dominate?

Moron

Posted On:
    11/18/2005 8:43am

Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrosmurf
    How is the Sanshou scene in the UK? Any clubs/styles that dominate?

Its nearly dead, thanks to the BCCMA....long story. Its much smaller and much less vibrant than 5 years ago.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2005 6:50pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i read someone say on this board that sanda doesnt allow combos, is it true for some events?

also, havent watched the clips yet, loading, but do you guys wear chest protectors?

Moron

Posted On:
    11/20/2005 3:27pm

Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lurk3r
    i read someone say on this board that sanda doesnt allow combos, is it true for some events?

Rules used to be that you could only throw three consecutive strikes to the head before changing target, but it was only rarely enforced and I believe that now its been dropped.

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    11/23/2005 5:28pm

supporting member
     Style: SanDa / MMA / Kung-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    San Shou rules used to have have rule against multiple consecutive head punching, but as liokault said, it was rarely enforced and was dropped all together several years ago. Some San Shou rules tournments require chest protector, other tournaments don't. Chest shields (but no shin guards, go figure...) are currently required at the San Shou Amature World Championships.

San Da rules have never had any restrictions against multiple head strikes as far as I know and never require chest shields. Head gear and shin guards are often not required, but it depends on the venue and whether its professional or amature. Elbows are usually not allowed, but I have heard of bouts in China where the are. Punching and kicking is allowed to almost all targets, including the joints (to the back and side, but not directly against the joint). All kinds of knees are allowed, but you are not supposed to pull someone's head down into a knee strike. But if you catch them in the head with a knee when they bend down or shoot in for a takedown it is okay, considered their fault.

The clinch/in-fighting game strategy often plays out different than Muay Thai at this range anyway due to different rules and takedowns, opponent will usually shoot right away for double or single-leg or some sort of takedown or throw if you bend them down while straighening up to knee.

To add to the San Shou clips on this thread, here are some various fightclips of our team, both professional and amature, some San Shou, some San Da (as well as some fights under Muay Thai and American Kickboxing rules): http://www.boston-kickboxing.com/fight_clip.html

Also check out some other fight clips on Marvin's website: http://www.marvinperry.org/ , he's one of our partners and head coaches at Boston San Da Kung-Fu

Happy Thanksgiving

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    11/25/2005 3:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter

To add to the San Shou clips on this thread, here are some various fightclips of our team, both professional and amature, some San Shou, some San Da (as well as some fights under Muay Thai and American Kickboxing rules): http://www.boston-kickboxing.com/fight_clip.html

Also check out some other fight clips on Marvin's website: http://www.marvinperry.org/ , he's one of our partners and head coaches at Boston San Da Kung-Fu

Happy Thanksgiving
    Very nice clips thanks for sharing .

I cant wait to get into a real gym ... :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123