Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    8/12/2002 8:48pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If its that bad, then see a doctor. Stubbornness like this is a BAD thing. Unless there's a good reason why, go. NOW. Having it looked at can't make anything worse.

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2002 8:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey no growing pins ever kept me form going to class its gotta e soemthing else.

GO GET A DAMN DOCTOR!

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2002 9:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ,MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would go and get my knees checked out if at all possible. I know how you feel as far as the parents saying you don't need to go to the Dr. My parents were the same way. But I am now paying the price for it. I have hurt one knee several times now and let it go the first couple of times and now it is to the point that it gives out on me for no reason at all at times. If you are seriously considering staying in the martial arts world then you really need to take care of your body as much as possible. For as you grow older they can only get worse and if ou are having this much trouble at such a young age then you really need to seek medical attention.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/13/2002 12:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey,
    If your parents won't take you because they are convinced it's nothing, but you KNOW ther is some thing wrong, play it up!! Act way more hurt than you are. Limp around the house, complain about the intense pain, ask for aspirin all the time. Cry if you have to, what ever it takes to get it through thier thick skulls that there is something WRONG!!!

I'd even recomend statying home from school because your in so much pain. Either that, or start going to the school nurse on a daily basis and ask her to help with the pain. She will probually intervine on your behalf.

If it was me, i'd be making the biggest stink I could until I got medical attention and treatment.

Staying away from Tae Kwon Do is a must. Some of the kicking practices in those school will blow your knees out for sure. Even if the teachers know what they are doing, often times they don't supervise close enough to prevent injuries. This is why I won't teach more than 18 at a time myself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/13/2002 12:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just go to the school nurse and tell her that your father is molesting you. The nurse will then report your parents to child welfare and you'll be sent out to a doctor for sexual abuse evaluation... while there, bring up your knee problems...

Hope this advice helps

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2002 7:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ruk,

...That was just WRONG.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12