Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2005 1:14am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Girl

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Way, way, way, way too much volume.

Recovery is important. And intensity is at an inverse relationship to duration.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2005 6:24pm

Style: Wrestling, Camarillo BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How is it way too much volume? The most lifts I do on one day is on my chest/upper arm/ shoulder day, and that's 6 lifts. I'm not too worried about adding the 65lbs total to my 3 tested lifts because I'm positive I can do that unless something happens and I hurt myself, but I just want to make sure I gain even more than the 65lbs, since I'm planning on bulking midsummer and a higher bodyweight would mean that I need to be able to lift more to reach the 4.5xs bodyweight mark for Gold Club. I hope I didn't confuse anybody on my major lifts like bench, parallel and deadlift with my set/rep, the wk1,wk2....etc. means that say for bench on week 1 I'll do 3x3, and then on week 2 I'll do 5x5, then on week 5 I go back to the week 1 set/rep. It's the set/rep organization from the "Bigger,Faster, Stronger" program, and it seems to have helped me reach awesome gains in all my core lifts(I hope adding 100lbs onto your bench press in a year is considered a good gain)

Also I don't do the cardio part of my training in the same block of time as the weightlifting or BWEs, there's always at least a 3 hour split between them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2005 6:51pm

Style: MMA, Tkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reaper, you seem to know what you're talking about. What do you think is better, a full body work out at the gym or working specific body parts each session like chest and back, arms and shoulders, legs and abs, but a significant amount of abs and cardio every day? I've been doing the first but am considering changing to the second because I've heard its more effective. Is there a reason working on specific muslce groups per session would be better?

By the way, you're new routine looks great. Tough but you'll probably see a lot of improvement from it.
    Last edited by TKDchick05; 5/29/2005 6:55pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2005 10:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I prefer to work specific body parts during different sessions mainly cause I think it's better to isolate fewer muscles at a time, and also since it's a way to keep me active 6 days out of the week instead of sitting around being a couch potato on all those off days. As far as doing specific body section work outs, I'd change to them if I wasn't doing them but that's just me. The cardio everyday is great, but your abs are just like any other muscle group in your body, they need a few days inbetween workouts to get the best results, just because you do 20 different types of crunches everyday doesn't mean you're going to get those drop dead sexy abs any faster than a person who trains abs 2-3 days a week, and most of the Ab definition work is done in the kitchen, not in the gym.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    5/30/2005 3:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reaper. Just a question if I may.

Your style says you do wrestling, Muay Thai and BJJ. Now thats alot of training with those 3 martial arts right there. Where in the hell can you find the time to do the weights and cardio stuff you mentioned in your above post ? The only way I can see it is:

1. You don't have a Mon - Fri 8:00-5:00 full time job. Therefore you have all the time in the world to train.

2. You are training between 3-4 hours a day which is way too much and a good way to make yourself sick.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2005 12:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't practice Wrestling year round, which is why I picked up BJJ for the off season, but it turns out I like BJJ more so it's an all year thing now. You're right I don't have a summer job yet but I might start working as a convience store clerk starting soon from 8am-3 Monday-Friday.

That still won't affect my weightlifting time since I do that sometime between 6pm-9pm, whatever time is best for me. The major weightlifting days only takes me an hour, hour and a half tops to do everyday, and the smaller lifting/BWE days(Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday) take me less than an hour.

I barely do any of the Muay Thai stuff yet since there's no world class school around here, I'm just learning the basics through a few students who take it at my BJJ dojo during the open mat before class, and I'll eventually be learning more and putting it to use once i start going to the NHB training after BJJ class.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    5/31/2005 8:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see.

Thats fine Thank you.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12