Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2005 10:01pm

Style: Wrestling, Camarillo BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Is my training routine good?

Well I've pretty much been doing most of the things in this program for over a year, it was a base program called(Bigger, Faster, Stronger, www.biggerfasterstronger.com) I noticed about a 100lb gain on my bench and even more on my deadlift in the past year but I just want to make sure I'm not overtraining. The set/reps for the lifting days are from the BFS program, week 1:3x3, w2:5x5, w3:5-4-3-2-1, w4: 10-8-6(benches and squats)4-4-2(power clean & deadlift)

Sunday- flutter kicks 4x20, seated flutter kicks 4x20, straight leg obliques 4x20, crunches 3x40, 1 mile

Monday- Towel bench, box squat, dumbell curls/hammer curls 4x10, incline bench or close grip bench 3x5, shoulder shrugs, 3x10, calf raises 4-10, crunches 3x40, forearm dowel rod/ weight 3xs, dot drill, aerobic stepper

Tuesday-HIIT, sprint work, crunches 3x40, dot drill

Wednesday-Power Clean, Deadlift, leg extensions 3x10, weighted lunges 4-20, dot drill, crunches 3x40, skullcrushers 3x5, aerobic stepper

Thursday-HIIT, sprint work, crunches 3x40, dot drill

Friday- Bench Press, parallel Squat, military press 10-8-6, shoulder shrugs 3x5, preacher bar 10-10-5, calf raises 10-4, crunches 3x40, pushups failure, forearm dowel rod/weight 3xs, dot drill, aerobic stepper

Saturday-Rest

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    5/22/2005 10:13pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You seem to be all over the place, with no real organization, and leaving out certain muscle groups in favor of aesthetic ones. But you're working hard, and that's a lot more than most people can say.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2005 8:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright I had a lifting ORM test today for football, and well I did pretty piss poor IMO. Now here come all my excuses....

First off I was pretty proud of my bench I got 235 which was the highest out of anyone who tested today.

Squat was 305, it suffered a 20lb drop in wait due to a recovering back injury. Also my coach said it looked like I could probably do alot more but my achillies look like they aren't flexible enough causing me to lean forward and lose balance, thus dropping the weight.

The last lift I tested on was Power Clean-165lbs. I kept getting so close to getting 175 but I just couldn't lock both my arms under it quick enough.

At my current weight I need to add about 65lbs throughout all 3 lifts to make it into my schools weightlifting gold club(lift 4.5xs body weight throughout all 3 of these lifts)

Anyway, too the point, does anybody know any good ways to move around my lifting routine and new exercises that will help me get the greatest gains in 3 months. I'm pretty sure I can add 65lbs to my lifts in that time, but I planned on bulking in midsummer so I'd have to gain even more for my lifts for all the weight I gain bulking.

Don't know how much of a difference it's gunna be but I take whey, and am going to start cycling creatine in about june.
    Last edited by The Reaper; 5/28/2005 11:22pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2005 9:23pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Girl

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's very doable, I would train 3 days a week, like Mon, Wed, Fri, and make those lifts the base of your training with other exercises that will assist them. If your nutrition and rest is in order, you'll do fine.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2005 9:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I already weightlift 3 days a week, M-W-F, I just do cardio on Tuesday-thursday, and sometimes BWEs on Sunday. As for rest and nutrition, I average about 8-10 hours a sleep a night, and I have a pretty decent diet(no junk food, high protein, moderate carbs, moderate fats and usually a cup of green tea every day)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2005 10:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TaeBo_Master commented on my lack of organization skill when it comes to my routine, I'm trying to reorganize it to work more like muscle workouts on the same days, but I'm still looking for some new lifts/exercises to add/replace on my routine to help me build up my 3 test lifts, along with the rest of my muscle groups. I also really need to add a stretching routine back into my regiment, not only to help with my squat, but because my V-Sit and reach test went all the way from 9" last year to about 2" this year....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2005 11:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I'll dice it up for you because you seem that routine isn't going to help you. You need to focus on your 'test' lifts if that is what you want to be good at. You want them at the beginning of your routine so you can focus on them and build the associated muscles. What you really want to do is build a timeline beginning now and through to the test date with a descending rep/increasing weight program to help you 'peak' at test time. However, I'll leave that up to you since I don't have the time to write up something that long. Regardless, what you do want to do is use progressive resistance throughout the time you are training, which means setting a rep scheme (what works best may vary from person to person, so this is up to you) say from 8-10 reps (meaning you use a weight you can handle for no less than 8 GOOD reps and no more than 10, each time you hit 10 reps add 5 lbs). If you are getting adequate rest/nutrition you should add 5lbs nearly every week.

Mon: Squat 2 sets of 8-10, Gluteham Raise 1 set 8-10, Leg Press 1 set 8-10

Wed: Bench Press 2 sets 8-10, Closegrip bench press 1 set 8-10, crunches 2 sets 8-10

Fri: Power Clean 3 sets 4-6, Weighted chin ups 2 sets 8-10

Provided you are using progressive resistance, something like this will allow you to build up your poundages over the course of the summer. Good luck.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    5/29/2005 12:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What about size?

I want to add a couple inches to my chest. It's the one area I honestly don't give a damn about power. I just want to look good. :)
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2005 12:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It'll come with strength.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2005 12:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well after taking some advice from various people and places, I hashed out a new possible routine, alright, time to criticize this one :)

Sunday:Ab/Oblique day
    50-50-50 crunches(normal/side-to-side/normal)
    4x25 flutter kicks
    4x25 seated flutter kicks
    4x20 straight leg obliques
    Dot Drill
    Flexibility

Monday:Chest/upper arm/shoulder day
    (wk 1:3x3, wk2 5x5, wk3 5-4-3-2-1, wk4: 10-8-6)Bench Press
    4x6 Incline Press
    3x6 Seated Shoulder Press
    10-8-6 Preacher Bar
    3x5 Skull crushers
    4x5Dumbell Curls
    45-60min jog/bike ride
    Dot Drill
    Flexiblity

Tuesday:Ab/Oblique day
    HIIT
    50-50-50 crunches(normal/side-to-side/normal)
    4x25 flutter kicks
    4x25 seated flutter kicks
    4x20 straight leg obliques
    Dot Drill
    Flexibility

Wednesday: Back day
    (wk 1:3x3, wk2 5x5, wk3 5-4-3-2-1, wk4: 4-4-2)Power Clean
    (wk 1:3x3, wk2 5x5, wk3 5-4-3-2-1, wk4: 4-4-2)Hexbar Deadlift
    4x10 shoulder shrugs
    3x8 straight leg deadlifts
    4x8 standing one arm dumbell rows
    45-60min job/bike ride
    Dot Drill
    Flexibility

Thursday:Forearm/pushup/handeye coordination day
    HIIT
    3x wrist roller
    4x10 palm down dumbell wrist curl over bench
    4x10 palm up dumbell wrist curl over bench
    4x plate pinch
    3x max pushups
    Dot Drill
    Flexibility
    Tennisball wall bounce

Friday:Leg Day
    (wk 1:3x3, wk2 5x5, wk3 5-4-3-2-1, wk4: 10-8-6)Parallel Squat
    (wk 1:3x3, wk2 5x5, wk3 5-4-3-2-1, wk4: 10-8-6)Box Squat
    4x20step weighted lunges
    4x10 weighted seated calf raises
    4x10 front and back leg extensions
    45-60min jog/bike ride
    Dot Drill
    Flexibility

Saturday:Off
    Last edited by The Reaper; 5/29/2005 6:16pm at .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast