Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 11:38pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was in a nice mood, okay? I got kicked in the head at training.

Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
    .........................​My work here is done.

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 1:10am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I seem that he easily doesn't desire to accept that his Ph.D was probably granted to him through his own "Martial Science University", which would decisively smack of self advancement to the umph degree.

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 6:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    WTF? Are we going to start handing out fucking "Welcome to Bullshido, enjoy your stay" baskets next?
    Grab your pitch fork and drive him off the internets?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2012 2:50pm

Style: SL4 American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Facts

I necro'd the thread to present a few facts since I am a senior instructor for Dr. Chapel.

1) He does have a legitimate PhD from an accredited institution. I've seen the diploma, but can't remember the school. The students opted to call him Doc. He did not encourage it.

2) MSU is not accredited by the DOE nor does it claim to be. It's only within the context of Martial arts/science

3) We test against non-compliance in our training. If you don't block / move your head, you will get smashed. If you don't stop the take down, you will get taken down. Simple.

I hope that helps clarify.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    5/17/2012 3:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bode View Post
    1) He does have a legitimate PhD from an accredited institution. I've seen the diploma, but can't remember the school.
    Why did you bother necro-ing this thread if you have no information?

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    5/17/2012 3:10pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Why did you bother necro-ing this thread if you have no information?
    There seems to be a necro contest within some sects of Bullshido. Some are several years old; few have any new information. This one isn't a contender.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/17/2012 3:17pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bode View Post
    I necro'd the thread to present a few facts since I am a senior instructor for Dr. Chapel.

1) He does have a legitimate PhD from an accredited institution. I've seen the diploma, but can't remember the school.
    Not a fact. The issue was he never NAMED the university. You just did the same thing.
    The students opted to call him Doc. He did not encourage it.
    http://www.martialscienceuniversity.com/staff.php
    He is labeled as "Dr. Ron Chapel" on this website. He is using the title.

2) MSU is not accredited by the DOE nor does it claim to be. It's only within the context of Martial arts/science
    http://www.trinitykarateforchrist.co...graphies-.html

Here is some other context:
    In addition to continuing Ed Parker's teachings and developing SubLevel Four Kenpo, Dr. Chapél is head of the Martial Science University, and Senior Master Professor of the SL4 College. MSU reflects his commitment to furthering Ed Parker's dream of American Kenpo with the emphasis on the educational aspect, endeavoring to make the "martial arts school" function as a college university. By instituting rigorous admission standards, placing a priority on knowledge through course work, required minimum levels of effectiveness, with standardized hours and a firm curriculum. All designed with the dream of one day becoming academically accredited, as Ed Parker wanted. MSU encompasses all styles and presently also has a College of Jiujitsu, as well as Silat, and Within Arms Reach, (W.A.R.).

Functioning as an educational institution as opposed to a "commercial karate school,"
    MSU, requires teacher certifications over and above belt rankings of its instructors. No one has teaching authority without specific accreditation. Only the Institute Board of Credentials grants rank and degrees, as any other academic institution. All Black Belt numerical ranks are issued on an Emeritus basis. The Martial Science University also requires completion of very specific course work, and awards Martial Science Degrees accordingly. The "University" is the "Kenpo School" of the millennium. Our standards are extremely high, totally uncompromising, and demand a significant commitment from students.
    I know what that sounds like to me and there it is in red. Yes, we can argue semantics, but that is setting it up as a University.
    3) We test against non-compliance in our training. If you don't block / move your head, you will get smashed. If you don't stop the take down, you will get taken down. Simple.

I hope that helps clarify.
    Video for clarification. Preferably, sparring video.

Thanks for your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    This one isn't a contender.
    Nearly a year with no new information? Yes. Crackfox called it right.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2012 4:28pm

Style: Boxing/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HaHa! My first attempt to assist in a pseudo investigation on Bullshido! Maybe I picked an unimportant 500 yr old thread, but thats not the point.

Searching with UMI, proquest, and a couple of other academic search engines I was unable to find a dissertation completed by either "Ron Chapel" or "Ronald Chapel." So thats not really that helpful because his name may be different now, or he may have studied at an oversea's university. Dissertation Abstracts International has been around a long time and publish "95% to 98% of all U. S.doctoral dissertations" as abstracts.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/17/2012 5:08pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thought you guys might like to know that this thread comes up first in Google when you look up "Anatomical Physics".

Also, here's his youtube channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rchapel?...e=results_main

Lots of "Cop Stuff".
    Last edited by Permalost; 5/17/2012 5:14pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2012 5:10pm

Style: Boxing/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Thought you guys might like to know that this thread comes up first in Google when you look up "Anatomical Physics".
    I think that's enough cred for all of us to award ourselves PhDs in the subject.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast