Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    5/16/2005 4:41pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Why do you post on Bullshido?

Why do you post here and waste countless working hours on this website?
    If you don't train martial arts the question is doubly important.

I'll start: This was one of the first MA websites I found. I liked the caustic nature of the postings. I liked that I got called on my own bs. I appreciate that this site is partially responsible for my doing bjj. I continue to post because I enjoy the banter with some members and there is good information to be had from some members. I also feel some responsibility to give back despite the vast amount of bullshit here because this site helped me get out of an MA that was not going to give me what I wanted.

And cheifly, I have a desk job with zero accountability.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/16/2005 4:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have always been addicted to message boards, usually ones more inflammatory than Bullshido though and that follows from the large amount of time I spend on the computer both for work and class. Most of my posts are made on government time, so I figure it's worth $8.50 an hour to learn a little bit as there's a wealth of knowledge and angst to be had here.

Incidentally, I also 'discovered' bullshido after I started BJJ and it's been a nice ego-reinenforcer for me.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    5/16/2005 4:51pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dochter
    And cheifly, I have a desk job with zero accountability.
    DING!

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    5/16/2005 5:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a man crush on Aesopian. :love10:

Actually, when I first started coming here, I was looking for straightforward information, and was getting tired of sorting through all the mystical crap that usually surrounds MA. I was curious about styles other than my own, and this place had a good representation from a variety of sources.

I credit this site as one place where I could ask stupid questions, and get good answers.

It has changed my approach to how I train, and has given me at least basic knowledge of a variety of styles.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/16/2005 5:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and then some

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I kept getting in trouble for cursing on karateforums.com, so I had to go somewhere else.

I had been interested in Mcdojos and the related crap, and I couldn't find anyone on KF that also found it important to weed it out. They thought the crazy bum that swirls his arms around on the UCBerkeley campus really *was* a tai chi master, but my sensei couldn't have possibly studied wushu while in China. I was intrigued by a local bullshido establishment, and through a google search I found a now classic bullshido thread on the matter. That's how I first found bullshido.

That was just about a year ago. I didn't start really posting until January I think. I stick around because I have no real job and my other message board only has maybe 20 regular posters, and they are slow. So I need something to do in the meantime. Also, it's a good research resource. And Samuel Browning is cute.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/16/2005 5:20pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feryk
    I have a man crush on Aesopian. :love10:

Actually, when I first started coming here, I was looking for straightforward information, and was getting tired of sorting through all the mystical crap that usually surrounds MA. I was curious about styles other than my own, and this place had a good representation from a variety of sources.

I credit this site as one place where I could ask stupid questions, and get good answers.

It has changed my approach to how I train, and has given me at least basic knowledge of a variety of styles.
    Ditto.

My art has been blasted. When I came to the realization that this is one of the few put up or shut up sites I joined.

Grappling nut riding aside it is an informative site. Also, there is less I'll kick your ass type threats. If you do this you are called out and expected to show your skills (or lack there of). It keeps a lot of the my style is better BS to a minimum. Plus, skills are more important than linneage for most regulars.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    5/16/2005 5:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I post here because this seems to be the place where I can get good information about my MA training. I read these forums because, I'm very interested in debunking bullshit, I enjoy reading the debates about MA history, I enjoy reading the threads about the frauds, and most important Throwdowns

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    5/16/2005 5:24pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because without me, this site would suffer a meltdown of gausian proportions and I just couldn't live with that, besides, there are a lot of useful posts to read and in the course of reading I feel compelled to add worthless commentary for the purposes of stroking my own ego.

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    5/16/2005 5:26pm

Style: Sandbagged BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a college student who sits at home all day writing papers. Bullshido is a nice diversion. The reason I chose this board over the others on the web is the loose moderation, which I feel leads to funnier and more substantial and honest posts. I'm also forever indebted to this site for helping my make sense of what I really wanted out of martial arts, and helping me find a great hobby that I enjoy (BJJ). The forums are also a great source of info on MA in general.
    I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
    -Phil Elmore

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/16/2005 5:27pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dochter
    Why do you post here and waste countless working hours on this website?
    If you don't train martial arts the question is doubly important.

I'll start: This was one of the first MA websites I found. I liked the caustic nature of the postings. I liked that I got called on my own bs. I appreciate that this site is partially responsible for my doing bjj. I continue to post because I enjoy the banter with some members and there is good information to be had from some members. I also feel some responsibility to give back despite the vast amount of bullshit here because this site helped me get out of an MA that was not going to give me what I wanted.

Yeah that's about it. :thumbsup:
Page 1 of 14 1 234511 ... LastLast