Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2005 1:06pm

Style: Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar Wong
    I love KFC as well, and that was the hardest thing to give up for my diet (I use the word loosely, since it's more of a "lifestyle change" for me). I love fried chicken, but I had to give it up (not even once a month...more like twice a year now).
    Funny thing is i love Chicken strips (pretty much the only food i crave) but i can't stand Fried Chicken. Pretty odd eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar Wong
    Although for fast food I do hit El Pollo Loco every once and a while (a three piece of the roasted chicken with the corn tortillas hits the spot).
    Yeah, El Pollo, is a much better alternative. Take off the skin, stick with the white meat and you're pretty much golden. Alot of sodium but besides that... if you stick with the pinto beans or vegetables, pretty healthy.

So Jaguar, hows the BF and weight loss going?

Safe For Work

Posted On:
    5/30/2005 8:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Shaolin Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn
    Yeah, El Pollo, is a much better alternative. Take off the skin, stick with the white meat and you're pretty much golden. Alot of sodium but besides that... if you stick with the pinto beans or vegetables, pretty healthy.
    ha, I don't put in the effort to stay healthy with it. :) I get dark meat only, and eat the skin, but I get corn or veggies as the side items (no butter or salt on the corn...not for health reasons, just because I like it that way). It's much better than KFC, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Renn
    So Jaguar, hows the BF and weight loss going?
    Well, like I mentioned, my scale isn't so great for measuring BF percentage. It still varies by like five or six percent. but if I'm checking around the same time every day, it varies by like three percent, depending on how much water I drink (I don't know why). but other than that, the number (average anyway) seem to be going down slowly. I'm dropping about a pound every week and a half, and the BF percentage (average) drops a point a month (roughly).

But more importantly, everyone around me seems to be noticing the difference in my appearance and my clothes fit a lot better. my total so far since January of this year is a 5 or 6 percent drop in body fat (but that's based on the scale, so I'm not really using that as a measuring stick...except for the contest that my friends and I are having) and 11 pounds lost. The real improvement for me is, after four months of lifting, adding 20 lbs to my squats (doing full hamstring to calf squats for sets of 10), 20 lbs to my pulldowns and rows, and about 10 lbs to my bench (although that one suffered because of a sprained wrist...and my upper body has always been super-weak).
    Jaguar's MMA record
    pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
    post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
    - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456