Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/14/2005 7:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IzzyDaHedgehog
    I started when I was about that age, and it didn't stunt my growth or anything like that (I'm about 6'1" now, although skinny because I didn't keep up with it consistently). Someone like TBM should check this, but in Wellness class Soph year they said it's fine for adolescents to lift weights. The only thing is that they shouldn't do 1 rep max lifts because the developing skeletal system can't handle it.
    Iīve heard that a proper weightlifting routine for teenagers can even increase their growth. But again, I donīt know what a "proper" routine for teenagers would be.

I would not just hit the weights as if I were an adult, thatīs all.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    5/14/2005 7:59pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    You'd be better off masturbating than using those easy weights. At least then you'd have something to show for all the effort (e.g. a sticky hand). Stick with calisthenics for now. If you're joining a good wrestling team, ask your coach when would be the best time for you to start weight training.

So you've been spying on my training routines haven't you???

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2005 10:02pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's what I have your mom for Koto_Ryu. I don't know what I'd do without her. Tell her I will see her at the strip club tonight.

Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    5/15/2005 8:51am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbjjplayer
    OKAY HERE IS THE SITUATION:
    I'M 13 AND I HAVE SIGNED UP FOR WRESTLING NEXT YEAR WHEN I GO TO THE HIGH SCHOOL. WHAT COULD I DO TO PREPARE FOR THIS? I HAVE ALSO STARTED LIFTING WEIGHTS. WHAT IS A GOOD SITE OR ANY INFORMATIONAL READING MATERIALS ON THAT.
    Don't worry so much about weights - work on your aerobic fitness. Run, play soccer, ride bike.

Sustained moderate effort for at least 30 minutes - no breaks.

You won't be able to learn how to wrestle (let alone compete effectively) if you gas early.

Weights won't hurt, but for wrestling I'd look into body weight exercises and mobility drills. Something like http://www.trainforstrength.com/workouts.shtml
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12