Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Professional Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    5/17/2005 10:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Pro-Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Several years ago, they took a university course called "Psychology of Violence Against Women" and learned that most women are brought up to be passive and to not assert themselves."

Bullshit.In the USA anyways(though the above seems true in the arab world).Women are just naturally less violent and more passive than men.
    If anything society tries to offset this natural inclination.It seems half the action movies star women these days and how often even in action movies starring men are the women leads shrinking violets? Rarely.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    5/18/2005 12:39pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Beka called it right. Not only is the "thug" scenario less likely than the acquaintance scenario, but also the things outlined in the article just sound like typical overly-academic overly-complex kung fu that hasn't been tested in a hundred years. I think it would have the effect of making an inherently chaotic and violent situation seem misleadingly organized and theoretical to the student.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    5/18/2005 12:46pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I am a therapist who took your four-hour workshop with my 16-year-old daughter after a serial rapist started stalking our neighborhood. We left feeling sure that we had the skills to defuse most situations as well as to fight off an attacker if necessary. I never knew we had so much strength!"

What, the strength to throw an amateur elbow with 4 hours of training behind it? Feeling sure that you could "fight off" someone who massively out-powers and out-weighs you because you had 4 hours of training?

Why is that a good thing? It's death by delusion, dude!
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Lightweight

Posted On:
    5/18/2005 9:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorinjikempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    In your country yes. These statistics come from the US Department of Justice. Which means no in my case. The statistics already show a majority of rapes (US only) are by aquaintances and 77 percent aren't reported. So, a little over 55% go unreported for stranger, Almost 80% aquaintance rape goes unreported. How is it the other way around.

So, no, I got it right in regards to my country.
    Because a reported crime doesn´t mean its solved! My point is that its easier to arrest and convict a known person, its easier to collect evidence and so on. If a rapist assault an unknown person in a park, its very easy to get away with it even if the person report the crime. Assaulting a person you know, the risk that the person reports the crime is smaler, but IF the crime is reported, the risk of getting caught and convicted is much greater. Sovled crimes and reported crimes are two different things.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/18/2005 11:03pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cato
    Because a reported crime doesn´t mean its solved! My point is that its easier to arrest and convict a known person, its easier to collect evidence and so on. If a rapist assault an unknown person in a park, its very easy to get away with it even if the person report the crime. Assaulting a person you know, the risk that the person reports the crime is smaler, but IF the crime is reported, the risk of getting caught and convicted is much greater. Sovled crimes and reported crimes are two different things.
    You are kidding right. If the crimes aren't reported how do they get solved. Reported and solved go hand in hand. They aren't 2 different things. I agree with the risk factor bur statistics show they get away with it more than stranger rape. I understand what you are saying about convictions I agree. Still the people who get away with it more are friends according to statistics. Plus, with the women I know this more true than not..

Lightweight

Posted On:
    5/18/2005 11:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorinjikempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    You are kidding right. If the crimes aren't reported how do they get solved. Reported and solved go hand in hand. They aren't 2 different things. I agree with the risk factor bur statistics show they get away with it more than stranger rape. I understand what you are saying about convictions I agree. Still the people who get away with it more are friends according to statistics. Plus, with the women I know this more true than not..
    Maybe I miss you statistic about solved rapecases, I only read about reported ones. And yes, ofcourse can´t a crime lead to a conviction if its not reported.
    But if a tousand crimes are reported but no one is solved, whats the difference to non reported crimes?

My point is thats its very hard, epecially in rapecases, to get a conviction if the rapist is unknown to the victim. I study criminology in sweden so now I have checked are statistics, and we have the same situation here, women tend to not report rape if the rapist is known to her -like her husband or close friend. The same thing with assault, most people tend not to report them if the person who did it is close to them.

If the rapist is unknown, the chances to find him is very limited. Your chances to get away is big.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123