Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Style
    N/A
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How much do you pay for MA classes/membership?

I am interested in seeing the rates, and I wonder if "McDojos" will charge higher/much lower than average.

The MT gym near me charges $99 a month for unlimited classes. There are 6 MT classes a week (MT beginner and MT mixed are what I'd take). I heard this is about average, but unfortunately, it's still very pricey for me (working student). I'm hoping there's a cheaper, reliable MA center nearby, so I want input on how much you all pay.

My friend takes MT from a personal trainer, but I think his rates might actually be cheaper than 99/mo. Then again, that friend of mine is very rich so he might not even care about the cost and the trainer could be ridiculously expensive.
    -A

Style
    Hapkido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    $80 per month judo/hapkido, and the boxing gym is completely free.

Style
    Kung Fu, Kenpo, Freestyle
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    73 a month for as many classes as I want plus some private lessons from time to time.

The classes a week include 2 classes on kickboxing/free sparring/conditioning, 2 classes on form work, and 2 classes which are mixed.

Style
    Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I paid for one year at my gym and that was $800, so it equates to roughly 66.00 bucks a month for unlimited classes.

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Style
    Mostly weights now...
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    $95 a month for boxing, focus mitts, submission wrestling, kickboxing, and MT. but i paid up front and it was $800 for the year.

for lifting, i just joined a new gold's gym with 65000 square feet of heaven for $50 a month.

Style
    Begging for mercy
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    $40 per month Canadian for 3 classes per week. Classes are 2 hrs long with one hour afterwards that you can use for whatever you want (practicing forms, sparring, etc). Don't think this guy is in it for profit..

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    55 bucks a month BJJ 2 times a week

Style
    TSD, Missing BJJ and Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Our school is free for people associated with the college and 20 per 3month term for all non-college folks. (3-4 classes per week)

Style
    Powell Systema | SAMBO
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I pay $75 a month at my MMA gym for unlimited classes and $40 a month for BJJ which I attend twice a week.

Style
    the beeg
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Typically you will likely find boxing gyms and judo schools in your area are your cheapest bets. While some variance occurs according to geography, $50-$100 is not uncommon or unreasonable for quality instruction.

I would, however, make sure you look for any hidden "costs" (equipment, membership dues, belt fees, etc) and note the effect on your overall budget. For instance some arts cost maybe $50 a month directly, but over the course of the year you spend another $50-$400 on belts, sparring gear, etc, making the monthly fee more like $52-$80. You also may be able to work out some alternative, creative arrangements for payments and barter in some situations.
    Locu5
    combat sports hobbyist

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last