223967 Bullies, 4090 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    5/18/2005 5:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dochter
    I'll look around on some of the links for more information but does the low rep apply to someone training to be griping for a few hours continuouslly?
    The grip is easy to overtrain at first, so be careful. For some good routines and ideas, check out some of these training logs:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showforum=7

Definitely get a membership on there too. It's a wealth of invaluable grip info.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/19/2005 11:02am

supporting member
     Style: 5AF & Sub Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dochter
    I'll look around on some of the links for more information but does the low rep apply to someone training to be griping for a few hours continuouslly?
    yes.

I cant explain it, but yes. It works for me. when you grapple or spar or whatever, you'll never have to use all that strength so you'll never really max out.

your grip doesn't really work like other kinds of strength, it's waaay more complex than anything else

go over to ironmind.com and look at john brookfield's grip tips. they are awesome.
    Last edited by Chupacabra; 5/19/2005 11:05am at .

Posted On:
    5/19/2005 5:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra
    yes.

I cant explain it, but yes. It works for me. when you grapple or spar or whatever, you'll never have to use all that strength so you'll never really max out.

your grip doesn't really work like other kinds of strength, it's waaay more complex than anything else

go over to ironmind.com and look at john brookfield's grip tips. they are awesome.
    Good point. Get his books too, you will get worked up into a fury over grip training, plus he tells you some fun stuff to try out as well, like key bending, pop can exploding, and little party tricks like that. The pop can one is a fun one, just keep a towel behind it, I was excited when I could first do it and kept popping all the ones I pulled out of the cooler until I got to a Cherokee Red which ruined my pants :P The secret is to squeeze as hard and as fast as you can in the same place.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/20/2005 7:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    Good point. Get his books too, you will get worked up into a fury over grip training, plus he tells you some fun stuff to try out as well, like key bending, pop can exploding, and little party tricks like that. The pop can one is a fun one, just keep a towel behind it, I was excited when I could first do it and kept popping all the ones I pulled out of the cooler until I got to a Cherokee Red which ruined my pants :P The secret is to squeeze as hard and as fast as you can in the same place.

what technique do you use to bust the cans is a the multiple fast burst into the can while twisting of what?

I squeeze the **** out of it and then bend it like you would bend a horseshoe or nail or whatever, I use more wrist that hands in the motion. I never read anything about the multiple clicking method until after I had already poped one...... i think i can get through on in about 45 seconds. that's not really a feat I do to much though, I don't really do anything like ripping or bending or bursting on a regular basis. I like to train grip with things that I can use again the next time. buying all that stuf just to destroy adds up.

Posted On:
    5/20/2005 10:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I basically grab it like I'm trying to choke the life out of it and do multiple fast squeezes, like it's somebody's neck and I'm throttling them. As soon as that crease forms around the middle, I start squeezing the crease and it usually blows right in the middle.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2005 2:43pm

Style: One-armed flailing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After doing some of the sandbag excercises suggested, I would like to quote part of another article on the Diesel Crew site by Rick Walker:
    HAND THERAPY
    Hot cold soaks. Open and close your hands repeatedly in hot water
    for 2 minutes, then cold water for 2 minutes. Go back and forth
    for as long as needed.
    Wear mittens to bed to keep your hands warm all night!
    Rotate dexterity balls, or ball bearings, all directions and with
    palms up and down.
    Roll up a towel or newspaper in your hand. Start with your hand
    palm down grasping just a small corner of the towel/paper in your
    finger and thumb and roll it until it is in your hand completely.
    You will need this after a good session with that bag. Now I'm going to stop typing cause it fucking hurts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2005 1:03pm

Style: Shaolin Hung Gar Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. I love it.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/03/2005 3:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    I basically grab it like I'm trying to choke the life out of it and do multiple fast squeezes, like it's somebody's neck and I'm throttling them. As soon as that crease forms around the middle, I start squeezing the crease and it usually blows right in the middle.
    I do mine kinda the same way except I twist the can as I squeeze...... it rips the can in half and the explosion isn't as intense.

Posted On:
    6/03/2005 4:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra
    I do mine kinda the same way except I twist the can as I squeeze...... it rips the can in half and the explosion isn't as intense.
    I like making it spray all over the place, looks cooler that way :zicon_ram LOL
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12