Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/11/2005 4:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Lights Out (not me) positive on nandrolone????

Allegedly, James "Lights Out" Toney have given a positive on nandrolone and may be stripped from the WBA heavyweight title. Too bad.

Link.

Newly crowned WBA heavyweight champion James ‘Lights Out’ Toney has reportedly failed a doping test for a banned substance – possibly the anabolic steroid nandrolone. According to New York newspaper Newsday, promoter Dan Goossen was informed on Monday by the New York State Athletic Commission that Toney had “tested positive for a banned substance that is not narcotic”.
    Well, I would bet my ass´ virginty that 99,9% if not 100% of top atheletes in every sport use, or have used, some kinda roids or similar banned things at certain point in their careers. Still, did Toney not bribe the adecuated people? Was just bad luck and he simply got caught in a regular test? Or was just a trap because we all know there´s always politics (economics) involved in boxing (I´m not forgetting you, De la Hoya)?

Professional Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    5/12/2005 12:03am

supporting member
     Style: Pro-Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe he figured he might get caught.And that although he could get in trouble, they ain't gonna take the millions he made on the fight back.
    Or perhaps he just tried to cut it as close as possible.Nandrolone is detectable in your blood for a LONG time after you stop taking it.But no one can say exactly how long.He maybe figured it'd by now and just cut it too close.Maybe he hoped he wouldn;t be tested.Not sure on the rules in that state, but in many states only a couple fighters a show are tested and the victims are determined randomly.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/12/2005 12:28am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've read 8 months to a year.

I found it funny that toney's supporters kept saying, look at his body, it doesn't look like one for someone on steroids. LOL

I've noticed that Deca half life in the system is usually 3 weeks to a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    5/12/2005 3:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, he went from middleweight to heavyweight. One would suspect that at aleats at some point he used extra help.

I wonder if that may be the case with Roy Jones Jr. too.

Sardonic or Sarcastic?

Posted On:
    5/12/2005 7:46am

supporting member
     Style: Filipino Kun Tao, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Roy Jones, Jr. is a natural cruiserweight, maybe a big light heavyweight. He had to cut like mad to make middleweight. Part of the reason he fought so many tomato cans at light heavyweight was his lack of desire to keep cutting down so much. He probably could have made more money if he took more fights at lower weights but it was increasingly difficult to make weight as he got older.

Bulking up to heavy from light heavy/ cruiser (10-20 lbs) is no where near as tough as bulking up to heavy from middleweight (40lbs).

I was laughing when I saw Toney's shape for that fight and then heard the steroid story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I would so do Buttsecks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2005 9:27am

Style: Boxing, De La Riva BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Nandrolone

Man I have been lurking on this site for a long time and whenever I think I'm going to post....I search and find the topic already! So finally I get to sign up and add my first post… I'm very excited :eusa_danc .

After reading a bunch of articles about James Toney's positive test I found a interesing web page on Nandrolone
    click .

//Tamonten

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    5/12/2005 9:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *gasp*

Steroids in pro sports ???

NOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ne pas possible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:read:

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    5/12/2005 10:01am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ronin
    Steroids in pro sports ???
    But at least boxing seems to have procedures to deal with it, unfortunately it's after the fact. Like when officials do a tear down on the top 5 winners of an Superbike race.

Posted On:
    5/12/2005 11:37am

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamonten
    Man I have been lurking on this site for a long time and whenever I think I'm going to post....I search and find the topic already! So finally I get to sign up and add my first post… I'm very excited :eusa_danc .

After reading a bunch of articles about James Toney's positive test I found a interesing web page on Nandrolone
    click .

//Tamonten

good article noob
    quit lurking and post.
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 1:31am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lights Out View Post
    Allegedly, James "Lights Out" Toney have given a positive on nandrolone and may be stripped from the WBA heavyweight title. Too bad.

Well, I would bet my ass´ virginty that 99,9% if not 100% of top atheletes in every sport use, or have used, some kinda roids or similar banned things at certain point in their careers. Still, did Toney not bribe the adecuated people? Was just bad luck and he simply got caught in a regular test? Or was just a trap because we all know there´s always politics (economics) involved in boxing (I´m not forgetting you, De la Hoya)?
    It is 100% true they use banned elements to win titles
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast