Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2005 11:29am

Style: Maybe Kyokushin soon...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Any Bullshido in Ottawa, Canada?

Lo all,

This is my first post on the site, but I have been lurking in the background reading
    posts for some time. First off I'd like to say what a great site. Okay my question is
    I live in Ottawa, and practice Wing Chung here (yeah yeah laugh away). I know there are
    a lot of MA schools in the area, and I was wondering if anyone knows which schools are
    BS or McDojo schools. I dont want to by accident send a friend there or hopefully none
    of my friends go to one. The only one that I can think of that looks and sounds BS is
    this one: www.fangshendo.com/

I have known ppl that went to the school and said it sucked, and I am not a big fan of
    guys that start their own style.

Just to be fair here is the site for my school. Mine seems very legit to me but you be the
    judge.

www.heritagemartialarts.ca/

Thanks for all your input,

Jaric

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2005 12:05pm

Style: MMA, Fighting Irish

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dont you think its your job to go and find out yourself?

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    5/10/2005 12:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are others on this site who have been to that fengshendo place. I can't remember what they said about it, but you might want to do some searching.

As for your dojo, what do you want me to say?

The WC section is very clear about lineage, they don't make totally absurd claims, so it's better than some. However, the same school teaches Chito Kai Karate, and Jujitsu. If you're questioning WC (which is natural), why not check out the other classes in the same school?

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    5/10/2005 12:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you live in Ottawa and want to see a good school why don't you train with Igor Yakimov? He's fuckin awesome at sambo. www.groundfighter.com/content/pageid/24.html

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2005 12:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ill do a search on the site for more Feng Shen Do stuff. Thanks for the heads up. Oh I don't doubt my schools Wing Chung, just wanted to post what I did and where just to let people know where im coming from. I've seen my schools Karate....I can't really judge it since ive never done Karate before. Looks alright to me, just not my cup of tea. Have yet to see the JJ though. I guess I should since I have some xp in it ( i did my JJ in another school a few years ago).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2005 8:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what's up man, I'm in Ottawa too. I couldn't tell you if Fang Shen Do is bullshido or not. I met 2 of the sifus once at a 24 hour relay last summer and they seemed hardcore, and taught me some useful ****, but apparently it's EXTREMELY expensive once you get into it, and you have to pay extra for sparring!
    whatever you do, don't even try Therien Jiu-Jitsu and Kickboxing. well, you can try it if you want, but it will on'y make you mad because they will take your money so you can learn what you would learn on your first day of a judo class (break falls, major hip throw) and what you would learn on your first day of a karate class (horse stance....pfff). i posted a rant on Therien a while ago.

there are MMA schools in Ottawa. I went to Ronin MMA last week and it was awesome. i tried out a BJJ class, haven't tried muay thai yet, but once I get all my crap sorted out with work I'm gonna head back there and train this summer!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2005 11:38am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Canada? I mean seriously you guys.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2005 11:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbjjplayer
    Canada? I mean seriously you guys.
    ahh, just as I suspected. you're a post whore.

joined the forum today, and posted 18 times. please, for the sake of everyone, get off the computer and do something

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2005 12:22pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    screw you you you you.....! Judo whore!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2005 11:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamboo
    what's up man, I'm in Ottawa too. I couldn't tell you if Fang Shen Do is bullshido or not. I met 2 of the sifus once at a 24 hour relay last summer and they seemed hardcore, and taught me some useful ****, but apparently it's EXTREMELY expensive once you get into it, and you have to pay extra for sparring!
    whatever you do, don't even try Therien Jiu-Jitsu and Kickboxing. well, you can try it if you want, but it will on'y make you mad because they will take your money so you can learn what you would learn on your first day of a judo class (break falls, major hip throw) and what you would learn on your first day of a karate class (horse stance....pfff). i posted a rant on Therien a while ago.

there are MMA schools in Ottawa. I went to Ronin MMA last week and it was awesome. i tried out a BJJ class, haven't tried muay thai yet, but once I get all my crap sorted out with work I'm gonna head back there and train this summer!

Yeah I hear Fang is brutal money wise....pay for Everything....and their webistes kinda freaKy......gives me the willeys....

Yeah I hear Therien just prac's for tournies and medals. The MT school in Ottawa is supposed to be great. So you do Judo eh? Thats cool. Judo and JJJ are pretty damned close to each other. Hey so I got a question, and I mean no insult by it. Is Judo a sport or is it a MA? Do they teach you how to fight in the ring, or use it to defend yourself on the street?

Oh and since your the only one to reply aside from that posting whore, looks like us two are the only ones in Ottawa on this sight :rolleyes:
Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast