Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2005 10:19am

Style: Hucklebucker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Thought this was funny.....

Seemed to have disappeared from Kenponet pretty quick.....

Clyde and the hucklebuck

http://rapidshare.de/files/1679527/clyde_sparring.wmv

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2005 10:40am

Style: Hucklebucker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How.........delciously white trash

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2005 11:13am

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

wow

Does the dog know judo too?

Kenpo Instructor

Posted On:
    5/10/2005 9:45pm

supporting member
     Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fist of fury
    How.........delciously white trash

Hmm, guess Kirk (AKA Capt Shady AKA FAT BASTARD) couldn't post this. Good clip by the way. Oh yea, it's not Judo, it's a JuJitsu school in Palmdale CA, the guy I'm sparring with is the chief instructor there. Look closely in the mirror when they come back to us after 20 seconds, I'm attempting an arm lock with my leg. Shame you just took the 90 seconds of a two hour session cuz it was really fun and good training.

Clyde
    Saving Kenpo souls one at a time!

Put down your purse!

Speed is fine, but accuracy is final. Wyatt Earp, 1888

"For certain 'tis a shameful spite, and dreadful to the heart,
    For an Irishman to see a fight, and not be taking part."

--"How McPherson Held the Floor"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2005 9:56pm

Style: BJJ/Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you're trying to minimize the embarrasment by posting this yourself? Be a man and come up with some excuses ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2005 11:37pm

Style: Kenpo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde
    Hmm, guess Kirk (AKA Capt Shady AKA FAT BASTARD) couldn't post this. Good clip by the way. Oh yea, it's not Judo, it's a JuJitsu school in Palmdale CA, the guy I'm sparring with is the chief instructor there. Look closely in the mirror when they come back to us after 20 seconds, I'm attempting an arm lock with my leg. Shame you just took the 90 seconds of a two hour session cuz it was really fun and good training.

Clyde
    Since Kenponet deletes everything Ill repost some of my thoughts here.

Clyde you were in no position to do an armbar. First he had pulled out his left arm, and second he had you stacked fairly well. However you could have tried to pull off an oma plata with the remaining arm.

Really Clyde I know this may not be something you want to discuss; however, your experience with a grappler is interesting. Instead of throwing insults I am trying to have an intelligent conversation.

It seems as though you set off to work on the stand up game and ended up working on a ground game. Bottom line it could happen to ANYONE and like I said it has happened to me. I do not think it is a bad thing to be tapped by another fighter. I have personally learned a lot by getting my ass kicked by better ground fighters on the mat. I will tell you this however, the guys I train with see tapping because of fatigue as a cop out. You can not quit because you tired on the mat. You might be fat or skinny but when you show up to class dont quit because your tired! Now if you get caught in a arm bar or a choke because your tired...thats the time to tap. One of my training friends was just tapped at UFC by a Gullotine choke. He wasnt tired but he just got caught and I consider him one hell of a ground fighter. It happens to the best!!

Enough of that lets do this.....what was your strategy from a Kenpo stand point going up against a known grappler?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/11/2005 12:07am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm still trying to find out what that video was supposed to prove.

Marasmos

Posted On:
    5/11/2005 12:18am

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't see any shame whatsoever in tapping from fatigue when you're not an active grappler. First of all, grappling and striking take a very different type of endurance. When you train in one and not the other (or spend the vast majority of time training in one) you find the other to be very tiring.

I felt this full bore when stand-up sparring with Clyde after an hour or so of kickboxing, something I haven't, at that point, done for a couple of years in any serious amount. He can testify to the fact that my arms were barely moving from the overall fatigue. When I was up against his training parner (the name evades me) who was also a better kickboxer than yours truly, I could at least move and throw strikes. By the end, though, I just didn't have anything in me.

If this clip came from an end of the training session, it is not surprising that he was tired.

Overall, I feel that this video serves no purpose other to belittle someone who is a legit martial artist and a good fighter, and who is more than willing to spar anyone, share his experience, and be nice about it. We all win some and we lose some, especially in training. Taking a few seconds of friendly sparring, out of context, and putting in these comments isn't good for anyone.

Hell, we have an American Kenpo guy who's down to earth and willing to get on the mat any time and in good fun. He's a pleasant exception and, IMHO, deserves respect, not scourn.

Just my two cents.
    You say what about my rice?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/11/2005 12:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One should also perhaps note that tapping from fatigue when grappling is not always simply wussing out, but suffering fatigue in a crappy position. Standing while exhausted is one thing, but being out of breath and having a guy holding you down in a side-mount squeezing your diaphragm is quite another.

Give the guy a break. I know Iíve tapped from exhaustion when I started grappling. Not something to make a habit out of, but not something to insult a man for.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/11/2005 1:01am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm........Was that supposed to make Clyde look bad? To me, it isn't in the proper context. Let me tell you why?

1) I see a video that shows a sparring match recorded (or edited) after they started.
    2) I see a video that doesn't show anything of Clyde when he goes down.
    3) I see a video that doesn't show Clyde until he is tired at the end.

Honestly I can't say anything good or bad about Clyde or the JJ guy because we see a few punches and then nothing. Absolutely nothing except the stupid words saying "Where is Clyde?" Which I find funny because, the camera operator doesn't follow their action.

So, for me, unless you post the whole video, I'll assume Clyde must have done well up to that point. Simply for the fact it isn't the whole match and it is edited to the point where Clyde disappears and is tired.

I see why Clyde is respected. He is really intelligent. He called you out and you came running over to refute what he said. It leads more creedence to his calling you CAPt. Shady. Why didn't you post the vid yourself if you know so much about the circumstances?
    Last edited by It is Fake; 5/11/2005 1:04am at .
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast