Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    5/09/2005 11:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A challenge from a practitioner of TFT....

From the TFT (Target Focus Training newsletter) -

Brian from Alaska writes:

Mr. Larkin:

In reference to the person questioning your program's use of learning anatomical targets, all I can say is that there are way too many "armchair experts". As a Critical Care Registered Nurse with dan ranking in 6 styles, I think I am qualified to say that many people have absolutely NO IDEA what the implications of striking certain targets are. To simply say "hit them here and they will fall down" is absurd! I have knocked out a fellow Hapkidoist by striking his radial nerve hard with a palm strike. Causing a vagal reaction such as that has also happened when I have held pressure against the femoral artery both while sparring and in my role as a nurse to stop bleeding. So called "experts" practice and teach techniques that they do not understand fully in respect to the ramifications.

I believe in your system and to anyone who questions the validity
    of it I say...meet me on the mat!
    Looks like a job for Omega...:sad:
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

software engineer

Posted On:
    5/09/2005 11:38pm

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's TFT?

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    5/09/2005 11:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meng_mao
    What's TFT?
    http://tinyurl.com/9z73r
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/10/2005 12:57am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pressure on the femoral artery can slow bleeding? NO!
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2005 1:15am

Style: hamster dance kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do these guys do about a really big fat person who has mass padding around all their "vulnerable" points?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2005 1:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ive actully heard nothing but good things about TFT- and i like the little ive seen- i like the way they work on moving through targets

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/10/2005 8:45am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by antonanton
    ive actully heard nothing but good things about TFT- and i like the little ive seen- i like the way they work on moving through targets

"An Amazing Self-Protection System You Learn In Less Than 24 Hours
    That Guarantees You An Unfair Advantage Over Any Adversary"

“Master TFT In Just 2˝ Days… Guaranteed!”

"Weapons Aren't Scary... They're Just Another Tool"

"As you check out my material you’ll quickly realize true self-defense is NOT about defending yourself or loved ones from an attack. It’s about the dirty secret most self-defense and martial arts gurus won't admit or even talk about... that injuring the other guy is the only thing that guarantees you walk away. Regardless of how bad the situation, how little you know about self-defense, how out of shape you might be, how old or crippled you are, or how small, slow, uncoordinated, non-athletic, or anything else you may be."

"I've taught it to more than 5,140 individuals worldwide in everything from 1-day intensive classes... to $1,500.00, 2 1/2-day workshops... to $10,000.00, 2-4 person, 2-day private training sessions. It is expensive for one simple reason: it works for anyone... under any circumstance... Guaranteed."

I'm always leery of any system that uses "t3h dirty" to sell their system. Then the excuse it is expensive because it works.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 5/10/2005 8:50am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2005 9:36am

Style: BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??

"An Amazing Self-Protection System You Learn In Less Than 24 Hours
    That Guarantees You An Unfair Advantage Over Any Adversary"

“Master TFT In Just 2˝ Days… Guaranteed!”

"Weapons Aren't Scary... They're Just Another Tool"

"As you check out my material you’ll quickly realize true self-defense is NOT about defending yourself or loved ones from an attack. It’s about the dirty secret most self-defense and martial arts gurus won't admit or even talk about... that injuring the other guy is the only thing that guarantees you walk away. Regardless of how bad the situation, how little you know about self-defense, how out of shape you might be, how old or crippled you are, or how small, slow, uncoordinated, non-athletic, or anything else you may be."

"I've taught it to more than 5,140 individuals worldwide in everything from 1-day intensive classes... to $1,500.00, 2 1/2-day workshops... to $10,000.00, 2-4 person, 2-day private training sessions. It is expensive for one simple reason: it works for anyone... under any circumstance... Guaranteed."

I'm always leery of any system that uses "t3h dirty" to sell their system. Then the excuse it is expensive because it works.

Sounds like a load of **** to me :laughing4 :laughing4

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2005 10:16am

Style: Hiatus: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do they show you how to break a person's bone? Or do they even discuss the ramifications of getting in a fight then having the other guy leaving in a body bag? WTF is this garbage? 1,500 to kick someone in the crotch and elbow a person in the boobs. Excellent, I wonder if they teach the 5 point exploding Heart technique too!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2005 10:59am

Style: Boxing (Amateur)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand self defense courses like these...

I mean I could teach good self-defense to a fat-ass diabetic in 5 minutes. Only problem is that the guy would have to have:

a) balls
    b) an extremely vicious / psycho nature

... which is what most people don't have.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast