Posted On:
    5/08/2005 10:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

US Military BJJ aka usbjj.com

http://www.usbjj.com

I know it's not a military site.

But this fellow is selling a CD for $7.99 ($2.99 s&h) chock full of BJJ and H2H moves for the soldier.

Sounds like a steal.

Opinions?

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    5/08/2005 10:08am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't military BJJ available on the web for free? It's a public access document, I believe.

So if someone tries to sell it to you he's a scumbag.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    5/08/2005 10:12am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    Isn't military BJJ available on the web for free? It's a public access document, I believe.

So if someone tries to sell it to you he's a scumbag.
    Great. I'd like to have that link..will search this AM.

Here's from the guy's website:

"The CD includes all of the basic and somewhat advanced techinques from the U.S. Military Manual plus more advanced techniques that I have learned plus counters to those techniques."

At this price I'd be willing to purchase it so one of our trustworthy Bullshido members could review it.

Posted On:
    5/08/2005 11:01am

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some of the other works listed on that site - Applegate, Fairbain and Sykes - are worth reading. The stuff the produced is old, but still excellent (relative to other military H2H manuals/systems).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2005 2:59pm

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the military teaching bjj is news to me. i know a few marines, and they say their hand to hand combat was based on not dedicating yourself to an opponent. and i would say that you are quite dedicated to a triangle choke. also i have heard that there is very little h2h training in the modern military. why fight somebody, when you can shoot them?

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    5/08/2005 3:15pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blankslate
    Great. I'd like to have that link..will search this AM.

Here's from the guy's website:

"The CD includes all of the basic and somewhat advanced techinques from the U.S. Military Manual plus more advanced techniques that I have learned plus counters to those techniques."

At this price I'd be willing to purchase it so one of our trustworthy Bullshido members could review it.

Hmmph....it used to be here http://www.adtdl.army.mil/cgi-bin/at...25.150/toc.htm

But now when I go there I get a 404 error.

The thing is, if it used to be a public access document at that address I'm sure that the military maintains it somewhere else as well.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    5/08/2005 4:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by _Mick_
    the military teaching bjj is news to me. i know a few marines, and they say their hand to hand combat was based on not dedicating yourself to an opponent. and i would say that you are quite dedicated to a triangle choke. also i have heard that there is very little h2h training in the modern military. why fight somebody, when you can shoot them?
    Rangers have been training BJJ formally for years.

Marine MCMAP (which I have not done) seems to have incorporate some concepts, but is not BJJ.

Posted On:
    5/08/2005 5:04pm

Style: Does exercise count?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have stumbled upon this: http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...150/index.html site many times when checking out what the hell someone was talking about when I was first getting into grappling.

There is a LOT of stuff there. Some have in depth and good descriptions, but others are far too breif and omit many important details. Also the fact that both guys are always wearing camo, and that it's in black and white makes it very difficult to understand exactly what's going on in some of the pictures. It's just a big mess of camo.

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    5/08/2005 5:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Jazz
    I have stumbled upon this: http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...150/index.html site many times when checking out what the hell someone was talking about when I was first getting into grappling.

There is a LOT of stuff there. Some have in depth and good descriptions, but others are far too breif and omit many important details. Also the fact that both guys are always wearing camo, and that it's in black and white makes it very difficult to understand exactly what's going on in some of the pictures. It's just a big mess of camo.

Thanks Django! That tells me its pretty basic....will check it out thoroughly before I take the plunge.

Our friend Phil Elmore has reviewed the manual as well:

http://themartialist.com/0604/criticalfm.htm

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    5/08/2005 8:50pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by _Mick_
    They don't teach you to triangle his ass. They teach you to be aware of your surroundings and position, how to get in a better position, getting back up.

PL
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast