Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2005 9:17am

Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well-designed? define that...

I have been taught that sometimes the groin cup might do more damage than not wearing it, because if the cup is shifted during a fight or not worn properly, then if a kick lands there, it would create more damage than not having one.

This info was also documented from an old japanese martial arts book where the author said that it is better for the judoka/karateka to "roam free" rather than have any type of support or shorts under their gi. Because if there was an impact, then at least the parts were allowed to move and the impact would not be as severe.

I don't wear a cup, but can say that the "roam free" method does help in some situations. But getting hit there is just not fun in any case.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/11/2005 10:02am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

These work well. The cup style tends to get ripped upward when kicked. OUCH!

I usually don't wear it, but one night I was and in doing self-defense this cute little lady hit me as hard as she could with a shin. I said, "Jesus Christ!! This is PRETEND for God's sake! If I didn't have my big thingie on I'd be in the fucking hospital!" She says, "I thought we were supposed to be realistic."
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    7/11/2005 10:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan
    [
    If I didn't have my big thingie on I'd be in the fucking hospital!"
    :lol:
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910