221940 Bullies, 4234 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 26
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Carpe Noctem is offline
    Carpe Noctem's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Too close to Flint
    Posts
    898

    Posted On:
    5/09/2005 10:17am


     Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoratioHooah
    This guy used to teach out the the gymnasium at DLI when I was there. That wasn't too long ago. How long has he been set up in Idaho, and could he possibly be the inspiration for Rex of Rex Kwan Do?
    Yeah, I was there in '01 and he was there, teaching out of that wrestling room at Price fitness. I took a free class just to see what it was about. Uhhh, yeah. Not my cuppa tea. I'll stick with BJJ/MMA when I can find it. Something that really got me was the kiai he insisted upon. His rationale was that since we were American soldiers, we should be yelling "USA" as we kicked and punched. Of course, we had to say it all as one word. Soooooo, it came out sounding like "OOO-saaaa".

    I'll pass, thanks.

    So Horatio, when were you there and what company/language? I was learning PF over at D co. with the rest of the careerists.
  2. kingslei is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3

    Posted On:
    11/12/2005 4:44pm


     Style: Ninjutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Koden Kan Revealed

    G'day

    I have emailed Lt Col. Michael Foley who is currently serving in Iraq to answer some of your questions as I don't know much about his Koden Kan, I train Ninjutsu.

    I married Melanie, 6 years now! So to "ainttappin", you don’t get to "do her", EVER. and to "canuckyokushin" low standards she has NOT, since she got a most eligible Australian bachelor and if you arseholes want another perv at how fine she is now then have a look a www.mellei.com.

    Shihan had 4 daughters and they ALL KICK BUM!! All of them Gorgeous too.

    I also think that Shihan could not act worth a damn but at least he tried a dream of his. He is soon to retire from the military and is opening H2HCTC, a new type of school. H2HCTC is a counter terrorism school to train military, law enforcement and high priced bodyguards. He is still special ops and trains them as well and is worried about the state of the world, terrorism-wise. He is doing what he can to help, what are you doing?

    For those interested I will try to get answers for you as I am interested as well, and I am currently building the new Koden kan site as well as H2HCTC. Our Koden kan school in Idaho is just creeping along until his return from Iraq, as Melanie and I don't live there anymore.

    Have a nice day! :ninja7:
  3. meng_mao is offline
    meng_mao's Avatar

    software engineer

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westford, MA
    Posts
    2,007

    Posted On:
    11/12/2005 5:01pm

    supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kingslei
    Shihan had 4 daughters and they ALL KICK BUM!! All of them Gorgeous too.
    I dunno...you should only say that for one of them, lest jealousy kick in. JK.

    Thanks for helping get some info on this.
  4. Kengou is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    MA, U.S.
    Posts
    747

    Posted On:
    11/12/2005 5:07pm


     Style: TKD; BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Honorary Shihan. Granted, Sosai Oyama gave a few away to mostly famous people. Most distinguish appointees were: King Juan of Spain, Sean Connery and the Shah of Iran."

    Sean Connery? Is he really an honorary shihan, or was that a joke? (I honestly can't tell)
  5. Method2Madness is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    833

    Posted On:
    11/12/2005 7:44pm


     Style: BJJ and MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i remember wmac masters. they'd randomly throw in ninjas while the main characters where sparring. seriously this is not a ninja joke they would actually say " Ninja's Attack" and ninjas would roll and jump out of nowhere and start fighting the main characters.
  6. kikkoman is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,238

    Posted On:
    11/12/2005 8:45pm


     Style: TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Herb Perez (first TKD gold medalist) was in WMAC masters too. That is actually my favorite non-cartoon show ever.

    Those links don't work.......
  7. CanucKyokushin is offline

    He'll flip ya!

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    ?????????
    Posts
    2,736

    Posted On:
    11/12/2005 10:05pm

    supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow!I completely forgot about this thread.Talk about a blast from the past.

    I'm not going to make any apologies to any joke or questions I made that migh or might not have offended anyone.

    And to your question Kengou.What I meant about 'Honorary Shihan' is that many 'Honorary Branch' titles were given-out only as promotinal tools by Sosai Oyama.

    How did mister Foley receive this title I ,then did not have the foggiest idea ,nor do I now.I wish him luck during his deployment in Iraq and hope he returns to his family safe and sound.

    But still something doesn't jive.
  8. kingslei is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3

    Posted On:
    11/14/2005 9:38am


     Style: Ninjutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    From Shihan Foley

    You know what? It really doesn't bother me if people
    who don't know, weren't there and just don't have a
    clue say stuff out of line. They are just talking out
    of ignorance and that only makes them look bad.
    However, talking stuff about my little girl is only
    going to make me mad. But just so you'll know what
    transpired; I had just finished a grueling three month
    training course in Japan at one of Mas Oyama's main
    Dojos. I had been invited to attend by the man himself
    after a "goodwill" tournament in Honolulu where I kick
    his heavyweight fighter's butt. (Actually head!) We
    trained for three months of Blood, Sweat, and Tears
    and had a small interclub tournament which I won. We
    awarded me an honorary black belt in Kyokushin Kai
    because of my fortitude and courage in battle. (That's
    how he put it.) I had already been training with
    Sensei Bobby Lowe in Hawaii for three years before
    going to Japan, so I wasn't that far from getting an
    actual Black Belt anyway. But by the time I returned
    to Japan, I didn't go back to Sensei Lowe's Dojo
    because I had to decide which styles I wanted to get a
    belt in. So, that's about the size of it. He liked me
    and took me out to dinner twice while I was there and
    couldn't understand why I didn't drink alcohol. (Of
    course, I couldn't understand why he did.) He had his
    senior Black Belters take several of us out on the
    town where we were treated very well.

    So that is all you get. He has left on another mission and only had time for this. It is also NOT Koden Kan Karate, it is just Foley's Koden Kan.

    Shiham mentioned that if some of you remember WMAC then you are probably just a bunch of kids. But for those of you who are not, I tried my best.

    Cheers,

    Kingslei :ninjafigh
  9. WhiteShark is offline
    WhiteShark's Avatar

    1% Shark is better than you.

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    9,181

    Posted On:
    11/14/2005 9:48am

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kingslei
    G'day

    I have emailed Lt Col. Michael Foley who is currently serving in Iraq to answer some of your questions as I don't know much about his Koden Kan, I train Ninjutsu.

    I married Melanie, 6 years now! So to "ainttappin", you don’t get to "do her", EVER. and to "canuckyokushin" low standards she has NOT, since she got a most eligible Australian bachelor and if you arseholes want another perv at how fine she is now then have a look a www.mellei.com.

    Shihan had 4 daughters and they ALL KICK BUM!! All of them Gorgeous too.

    I also think that Shihan could not act worth a damn but at least he tried a dream of his. He is soon to retire from the military and is opening H2HCTC, a new type of school. H2HCTC is a counter terrorism school to train military, law enforcement and high priced bodyguards. He is still special ops and trains them as well and is worried about the state of the world, terrorism-wise. He is doing what he can to help, what are you doing?

    For those interested I will try to get answers for you as I am interested as well, and I am currently building the new Koden kan site as well as H2HCTC. Our Koden kan school in Idaho is just creeping along until his return from Iraq, as Melanie and I don't live there anymore.

    Have a nice day! :ninja7:

    This is the best thread owning of all time! BOOM! LOL awesome.
  10. CanucKyokushin is offline

    He'll flip ya!

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    ?????????
    Posts
    2,736

    Posted On:
    11/16/2005 1:38am

    supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kingslei
    But by the time I returned to Japan, I didn't go back to Sensei Lowe's Dojo because I had to decide which styles I wanted to get a belt in. So, that's about the size of it. He liked me and took me out to dinner twice while I was there and couldn't understand why I didn't drink alcohol. (Of
    course, I couldn't understand why he did.) He had his
    senior Black Belters take several of us out on the
    town where we were treated very well.
    Yeah! That sounds like Shihan Lowe. Thanks for clearing that up. He shouldn’t fell threatened in anyway. If he feels that he should’ve to defend himself to a bunch of geeks on the internet than he doesn't have to.

    Just tell your father in-law that he can't expect everyone to look at his website at not want to drool all over their keyboard at pictures of his daughter.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.