Posted On:
    5/06/2005 4:25pm

Style: Fabio Santos BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Koden Kan Karate

Anybody in Idaho?

http://www.kodenkankarate-do.com/home.htm

I went to school with this guy's daughter for 10 years. They lived in the same small town I did growing up. They would do breaking/kicking/assorted nonsense demonstrations every year up until high school. Very cocky...very flashy...and I used to be afraid of her. She can kick in jeans though:

http://www.kodenkankarate-do.com/mmf.../photo_06.html

One part caught me as odd:

http://www.kodenkankarate-do.com/Whats_Koden_Kan.htm

Under the watchful eye of Sensei Bobby Lowe in Hawaii and the world famous Masutatsu Oyama in Japan, Shihan learned more about sheer, raw power than he ever knew existed. Mas Oyama conducted a private tea ceremony in the Kyokushin Kai Kan Dojo in Japan, where he awarded Shihan an honorary Black Belt for outstanding performance.
    That doesn't seem to fit with the KK impressions I get from people here....anyone care to expand on this?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2005 4:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah...here we go...

Shihan has taught U.S. Army soldiers since 1977, teaching Green berets, Rangers, Special Operations and Navy Seals.

Shihan was asked to join the number one rated TV show WMAC Masters. He played "Tracer" on the show and had the great pleasure of meeting many superb martial artists.

Yeah...that #1. TV show. Tracer...yeah. Hm.
    Last edited by Nid; 5/06/2005 4:39pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2005 4:50pm

Style: MT,bJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocrates
    Anybody in Idaho?

http://www.kodenkankarate-do.com/home.htm

I went to school with this guy's daughter for 10 years. They lived in the same small town I did growing up. They would do breaking/kicking/assorted nonsense demonstrations every year up until high school. Very cocky...very flashy...and I used to be afraid of her. She can kick in jeans though:

http://www.kodenkankarate-do.com/mmf.../photo_06.html

One part caught me as odd:

http://www.kodenkankarate-do.com/Whats_Koden_Kan.htm

That doesn't seem to fit with the KK impressions I get from people here....anyone care to expand on this?
    I'd probably do her.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    5/06/2005 5:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I call bullshit.

Ok! I really wanted to use my 100th posting for something good. So I might as well use this topic to call Bullshit on this one.

I don't know. Honorary Shihan. Granted, Sosai Oyama gave a few away to mostly famous people. Most distinguish appointees were: King Juan of Spain, Sean Connery and the Shah of Iran.

But that was just good P.R work. I have a hard time to believing that this guy would get that title just like that. Without any effort put in for that title. Without his school being part of the Kyokushin organization. He runs his own school of martial arts. So I'm sure that would conflict with his implementation of Kyokushin karate in his curriculum. Then and now.

Although there is one possibility .Shihan Foley did serve in the army. So he must have come in contact with Kyokushin instructors who had thought the army that style of karate.

But i still don't see how Sosai Oyama could give this guy any attention at all. There doesn’t seem to be any mention of Kyokushin or full contact tournaments participations. So how he could have met Sosai. Anyone's guess is as good as mine.

But on his website his school is called karate. While at the same time he teaches his Jujitsu. So what’s up with that?

My best guess is this guy might have been a little famous in the martial arts world in the 70's , maybe. hats probably how he got his title.

Canuck.

rawr

Posted On:
    5/06/2005 5:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Mushin Dao, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anyone actually remember WMAC Masters?

I was Power Ranger-ism of the lowest caliber.
    I think it was two ninjas taped together, to make one GIANT NINJA!!!!

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    5/06/2005 6:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you change out the #s of that gallery: 01, 02, 03, etc, etc you get a lot more pics of her. Not bad...I'd definitely hit them all...and the guy she went to homecoming with looks like a douche.

Gringo Grande
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2005 7:12am

Style: Daito Ryu, BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the first I have heard of Kodenkan Karate. I studied Kodenkan jujitsu (Danzan Ryu) for 4 years.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2005 7:57am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy used to teach out the the gymnasium at DLI when I was there. That wasn't too long ago. How long has he been set up in Idaho, and could he possibly be the inspiration for Rex of Rex Kwan Do?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2005 11:16am

Style: Fabio Santos BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Grande
    If you change out the #s of that gallery: 01, 02, 03, etc, etc you get a lot more pics of her. Not bad...I'd definitely hit them all...and the guy she went to homecoming with looks like a douche.
    The pictures are actually mixed. He has two daughters. The one I knew was Melanie.
    http://www.kodenkankarate-do.com/mmf/my_girls_home.html

Quote Originally Posted by HoratioHooah
    How long has he been set up in Idaho
    I'm not sure. The last I saw of either of them was about 10 years ago, so I don't know what has transpired in that time.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    5/07/2005 2:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Grande
    . Not bad...I'd definitely hit them all...and the guy she went to homecoming with looks like a douche.

Gringo Grande

That could mean her standards are low.So I got a shot at her.If she has low self-esteem then i'll be on a roll.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast