OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    5/06/2005 6:28pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    It is funny how a simple cheer that worekd for sports, sounds so stupid when applied to MA. The first I remember the cheerleaders having us do at football games.

I'd feel dirty but football isn't trying to claim it will teach you how to fight.
    On t3h str33t, nobody can hear you cheer...

PL

BJJ Purple Belt

Posted On:
    5/06/2005 6:34pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank Bunyip- I believe it was him who managed to control himself so well to get an in depth detailed desciption of the whole West Wind Bullshit. $110 a week is absolute bullshit.

That being said, I did practice the official cheers a few times..... I think Im getting better. Nothing like loud jeers to cheer on your fellow students at the ever strenuous kata kompetition!

Posted On:
    5/06/2005 7:05pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, Bunyip's expose on their practices is legendary. We've got another member working on putting the nail in the coffin on them as well.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2005 8:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and then some

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rah-
    Thank you for sharing. Please update your account to allow Private Messages or email. We need to talk.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 3:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

guess I was a sucker for just a tiny bit longer..;)

Yeah, they had me under their spell for a few years....Yes, I too make mistakes!
    All the crap shone thro pretty quickly, but ignorance can be bliss. I'm just glad I'm gone and won't give any recommendation that's for sure. This site is great! I'm relieving my nightmare all over again..lol
    Any recommendation tho about a good non-Mcdojo in the East Bay? Looking for Kung fu or Kenpo as well as Tai Chi and Qi Gong.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 5:37pm

Style: Uechi-Ryu, Aikido, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1,900 for four and a quarter months? RIP OFF! You'd be better of training ON YOUR OWN. No martial arts training, unless you're training with Royce Gracie and he's going to take you through a crack BJJ cource, or Bruce Lee comes back from the dead to show you everything he knows about JKD and then some, should cost that much. Obviously, all they wanted was your money. It sounds like they were pretty good salesmen. Maybe they should get into something they're probably better at (and yet don't have any experience in), real estate. Basically in my experience the more interested in money they are, the more their karate/martial art sucks ass. That's the way my Uechi-Ryu instructor turns out at the end. He had less of a thirst for knowledge and more of a desire to get people in the door who would put a check in his hand every month. And of course, his dojo has year long contracts, as well.

Awesome cheers!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 6:01pm

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They must make a fair bit of money though, if they are charging people large amounts like that and they still have students.

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 6:10pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course they make a lot of money. They have specifically bragged about being the "most expensive" dojo out there if I recall correctly.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 6:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and then some

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, they have made that claim. Because in my world, most expensive=most good.

As far as I know, now, keep in mind, I'm not sure if these are the property of the company (which has, in the past at least, purchased company cars), or if they are the property of the instructors, but they do drive 2 escalades and 3 BMWs.

But honestly, I think they are company property.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12