Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2002 3:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All that was meant by my last post was "survive and escape" anything else is fantasy or pure luck.

Its been a long time since I've seen the report and in truth it may be on the Department of Justice site. The report was done by the FBI but since they are part of the DOJ their technical data may be on the DOJ site.

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    9/04/2002 3:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wasn't that the LA police that came up with those stats? Not the FBI. If so, wouldn't it make sense that they would want to ground somebody to cuff them?

Striking has a much different effect when you know where to hit. Most guys that "trade blows" (sounds kinky) aren't thinking about where the hits are landing. Some hits are quite incapacitating. Ever been hit in the bladder, solar pelus, floating rib, back of head, etc.? I don't know about you pain resistant uberfighters, but I've hit and been hit enough to know what a good strike can do. A bigger guy still feels pain, a bigger guys joints can tear like anybodies. A bigger guy still has a head that can be knocked around. The question is , Does the smaller guy have enough to do the job? He doesn't have to have more, but he does have to have enough.

McDojo, is it what you do or is it what you think?
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee
  3. 9chambers

Posted On:
    9/05/2002 1:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Comedy ::

There was one time when I was a 10th grader. My best friend from the neighborhood was Adam. His little brother Tim was always getting us into trouble. One day Adam rode up to me on his bike and said that a bunch of kids had Tim at the schoolyard and they were going to beat him up.

I rode my bike over there as fast as I could. Tim was in the middle of a circle of kids riding their bikes. (No, really its a true story, just listen) There were like 20 of them. I walked up and into the circle and stood next to Tim.

The kids kept taunting him so I started to growl and Tim started to laugh. Then I went crazy and started pushing kids off their bikes and shoving them down. (They were 7th and 8th graders, hehe) Anyway, they all took off running and riding their bikes and we chased them.

We cornered them behind a house. I kicked a tree a few times and then we left. Tim was still laughing. We never really talked about that again. I'm still not sure what that was all about. Maybe they were just playing cowboys and indians or maybe they were harrassing Tim. I don't know. All I know is I was there for my friend. I stood up to at least 20 little kids. lol

>> Do not depend on the enemy not coming; depend rather on being ready for him. Do not depend on the enemy not attacking; depend rather on having a positioin that cannot be attacked. - Sun Tzu

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    9/06/2002 9:33am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't believe that there is really and end all martial art out there. Each has advantages and disadvantages. I personally have never taken a BJJ class. However, I respect the art because it does cover a lot of things my other arts have not. Plus no matter how good an art maybe it still depends on the person who is using it. We shouldn't confuse the art with the person who is using it. If we went by that, then everyone who took wing chun would be as good as Bruce Lee right? :)

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2002 8:19am

Style: Punk Rock

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People who are doubting the validity of other's "real" fight experiences should just step back and think. There are an INFINITE number of ways to a: get into a fight; b: actually FIGHT a fight; c: finish the fight. That includes all possible scenarios. If someone else's fight stories differ from yours, it's probably because they DID.

And yes, taking a cowboy boot to the head hurts. I was bouncing at a bar, and these two rednecks got into a fight. I broke it up and asked them to take it outside. They didn't like that, and one of them grabbed me around the neck from behind. I promptly shoulder threw him (grappling), but while my head was down, his buddy kicked me in the head with his boot. I stepped back, and pulled out my spray. He charged me, and I sprayed his ass. His buddy charged at the same time, pushing me back, and I clinched his neck and KHTFO with a knee (striking). Lucky, too, because I only had one pair of cuffs....both of these guys were well north of 200# as well. When the cops got there, the one guy couldn't even tell them what happened because his face was all swollen. I've NEVER connected harder than that shot. =D

============
    I hold the patent on Chaos.
  6. 9chambers

Posted On:
    9/08/2002 5:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Crap, did this bar only have one bouncer? Where was your backup?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2002 6:06am

Style: Punk Rock

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well, I work on a ghetto property, pretty much a 10-acre meth lab. It's a weekly apt. complex that's so drug-addled, it's nuts. It has a Texaco mart and a bar on property, and I handle them all. And 100% of the time, there's only one security guard on property. So, yeah, I got stuck with it. This place sucks....

----->
    "As we all know Kung fu is superior to every other art ever invented ever ever ever, there is simply no need to discuss those inferior arts and their flimsy girly armed practitioners" -Kung Lek

Not my quote, but good...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234