Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2005 4:12am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MMAlibrary launched :)

Hey all

I just launched my new website project, MMAlibrary.com.

The idea is to create a knowledge sharing community for all the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and MMA brains out there :)

Users can upload technique series, other can comment and rate. There is also a forum I hope will be used a lot.

To get access to the techniques, users can either:

1) Upload a new technique (=14 days free membership for each technique)

or

2) Pay a monthly fee

So everything is 100% free if you actively contribute to the grow of the community :)

I hope all of you will have a look at it, and if you have any material, feel free upload it. It's probably gonna go pretty slow in the beginning with getting content on it, but the only way we can get startet is by YOU starting to post! So please visit:

www.mmalibrary.com

Hope to get your support on this!

Best regards,

Christian

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2005 8:30am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why would I visit this site if I have to pay for a membership fee?

What is to stop me from just going to bjj.org, subfighter.com, royharris.com, etc?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2005 8:33am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    relytjj >> You don't have to pay. Everything is for free if you contribute. For every technique you add, you get 14 days of free access. Only lazy ppl have to pay ;-)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2005 9:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand that idea, but for someone like me (only 2 months into BJJ) I wouldn't dare add any techniques into your database. However, I'd be interested in reading the techniques there. I just don't see where your business model is going to help you stand out from the multitudes of other technique sites and forums where information can be gleaned for free. The only thing different about your site it seems is that I have to pay to get access (since I am not in any position to post techniques). Even if your website was more established and your database of techniques was gaining some size it would be difficult to gain free access due to most of the techniques that one knows would already exist on your site. FWIW.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2005 7:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, this site is completely free now, check it out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2005 8:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, it might have been actually a little brilliant to make it "pay or contribute" the first few months to build up a database of moves from people wanting to contribute then change it over once he had a fairly good stock of stuff to attract a widespread audience.

If this was your intention, I applaud your savvy yet somewhat underhanded methods!

Noob: Reloaded

Posted On:
    8/12/2005 9:53pm

supporting member
     Style: MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My question is, how are you keeping the quality control on the moves? and are you keeping multiple entries being made of the same move?
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache