Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/09/2003 3:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The whole point of trolling is to get a rise out of people. If you deny them that for a couple weeks, they will leave. It's as simple as that.

Now, that will get rid of your trolls, but in general I think trolls should be more strictly regulated. IP bands will go a long way, since most trolls will have broadband connections with static IP addresses (they are internet addicts after all).

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    3/09/2003 3:47am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The amount of howling from people when we do anything (in my humble experience) has prompted me to have you lot act like grown-ups on your own. But if people want more control (which, I have to say I don't want) then, fine, let's have it.

But how about not getting sucked into stupid arguments with people, becoming nasty and mean yourself -- then complaining that the trolls rule the board.

I actually think there is a huge lack of trolls around here, for a combative, in your face martial arts board.

(board breaks with a kick)
    "Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
    -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!
  3. DRD

Posted On:
    3/09/2003 4:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I give up. I can't get my point made, and I have been a super gentle man in the face of some world class assholes You guys and gals obviously know better. Best to all and as the young ones ay now-a-days, Out.

Posted On:
    3/09/2003 4:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should be commended on that DRD, but you should realize that by responding to the trolls, you only encourage them.

Also you should know that by leaving, the trolls have beaten you.

Posted On:
    3/09/2003 6:20am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

--
    I attack flurriously!
    Let me introduce you to my friends: Hand, Elbow and Knee.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
  6. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    3/09/2003 12:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After every banning, the mods get flak.

During every argument, the mods get flak.

Here's an idea. Don't follow the trolls, and PM me with complaints against specific members.

More mods will not solve the problem. As for checking ips, we've been doing that for months, ip's can be deceptive, as one member can have several, and one troll can change them for different id's. And I really think that any mod on here will have to have been a member for a while, especially with all the multiple id's going around now.

The fact is, mods don't get paid, and it's almost impossible to keep up on all threads at all times. However, if ten members send me complaints about a member, things will get done.

I'd like to clarify that if you are having a problem with trolls, you would get much more done communicating it to me and allowing me to fulfill my roll, than by making a thread setting an ultimatum to me.

Either be my eyes and ears and we can deal with each reincarnation of this troll, or ignore the troll. If you think that anyone is gonna be able to read all of these threads every day, you are being unrealistic.

And this is, by no means, the worst troll infestation we've had. Frankly, fatality, you started coming here at the end of the last episode of trolls. The forum hasn't gone downhill, it's just that all such forums have periods of productivity, and periods of troll infestation. And the surest way to get rid of trolls is by creating unity between the mods and the productive members, and that involves members communicating with mods CONSTRUCTIVELY. As an example of a way this thread could be more cnstructive is by actually citing incidents, links to threads where it happened, etc. However, this would be better placed in PM's to the mods, so that the thread doesn't become a big argument over who is and isn't being a troll.

As an aside, please keep in mind in the future that ultimatums to people who provide free services to you might not be well received. JKDChick is right: this site has remarkably few trolls for the type of site it is.
  7. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    3/09/2003 12:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And Brand, keep in mind that the mods are far more aware of who has a static ip, and who doesn't.

I think you guys are working angles we mods worked long ago. They don't work well. Without you becoming involved, this is the way it goes. Inform us of what's going on, but don't complain about our free labor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2003 12:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you people are the stupidest fucks on the face of the planet.

you bring it on yourself by arguing with these worthless wads of cow semen, and then bitch when you can't win the argument. guess what?!?!? you'll never win an argument with a troll, so don't fucking bother.

I have to go throw up at your glaringly obvious stupidity now...........stupid fucking idiots.

Posted On:
    3/09/2003 12:25pm

Style: non

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    worthless wads of cow semen, I think you found the type label you can put on are type of troll problem.

"A California man has been taken to court for stalking Anna Nicole Smith. The man has been charged with invasion of privacy, illegal trespassing, and having really bad taste."-Conan

Posted On:
    3/09/2003 12:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No disrespect to the admins, I mean I'm not actually bothered at all to be honest, I think you do a great job.

But lets just make more mods?

I mean people like Oisris, FD, WAstrel, IGBJJs, Sansoo, Pizdoff etc and myself are people who post all the time - we're all almost definitely responsibl eenough... Could make a few more Moderators...
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast