Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2005 11:44am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    Oh may God!Oh my God! Oh my God! You guys have to go to there media section and click on TAKEDA DAN clip and might I recommend that you all sit down because it the stupidest most retarded thing you could ever see.Yu'll piss in your pants with laughter.So, better wear a Depends diaper.
    Is this guy serious? If he is...hahaha!

Professional Wrestler

Posted On:
    4/28/2005 12:00pm

Style: Aikido-Kickboxing-Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would take away a students yellow belt if they did Shiho-nage or kote-gaishi like that.
    "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
    -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
    -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
    -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
    -Don Gwinn

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/28/2005 12:14pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop-Loops
    I haven't seen the clips, but generally the more complicated the technique is (you say lots of hand switching), the shittier it is. You ever going to remember to switch your hands so many times in a real fight?

PL

Yeah that is what I'm saying. Okay just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me misintepreting the techniques.

I won't even touch the salutes and poses after every technique.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/28/2005 12:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

"Live Long and Prosper"

This apparently passes for the entire history section on their page

Posted On:
    4/28/2005 12:28pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

oh thats is such a tuff looking picture the girl looks like she wieghs 80lbs.
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    4/28/2005 12:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's funny to me how he won't mention his ex-Genbukan teacher's name. He probably lasted a few kyus then went on to something else more than likely.

The only hits I got for a search on "Mikeba Ryu Ninjutsu" that I found were on BudoSeek, where they basically exposed it as being false.

http://www.budoseek.net/vbulletin/sh...2&page=1&pp=20

Post 17 is where the guy starts talking about it, 19 is where they do a lot of info into it, and then by the end they find out it's really sketchy.

Also a fun little sidenote: Gyokushin is not a koppojutsu school. Gyokushin is actually a Ninpo school and might be related to Gyokko Ryu, which is kosshijutsu. Koppojutsu is "bone method", basically controlling your opponent through the natural limitatons of his bone structure and even breaking them. Kosshijutsu is mostly attacks on pressure points and the muscles by using tearing or rending attacks. That's a pretty big difference.

Nagano Ryu Jujutsu only turns up in those same BudoSeek threads, as well as Akutagawa Ryu Jutaijutsu and Ugai Koga Ryu Ninjutsu. Since the last teacher of Koga Ryu died in an automobile accident a long time ago, it'd be kind of hard for him to get out of his grave to run students through drills.

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    4/28/2005 4:38pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Koto Ryu -- here's a good article on the "Koga ryu"

http://www.jigokudojo.com/koga.htm

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    4/28/2005 6:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arahoushi
    Koto Ryu -- here's a good article on the "Koga ryu"

http://www.jigokudojo.com/koga.htm
    Good find. For those of you who don't want to read the entire article, it basically says Fujita Seiko, the last supposed grandmaster of the Koga Ryu, had a sketchy background as to whether it was real ninjutsu or not.

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    4/29/2005 1:08am

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    Good find. For those of you who don't want to read the entire article, it basically says Fujita Seiko, the last supposed grandmaster of the Koga Ryu, had a sketchy background as to whether it was real ninjutsu or not.
    In fact, Molitor-sensei has a LOT of good articles by himself and others on his site... on everything from sparring to spotting fakes. He's one of the finest sensei in America, according to a few of the shihan I have talked to. And since I'll be moving closer to Dallas, I plan on training with him as much as I possibly can. He gives seminars all over the US... if you get a chance, go to one of his seminars.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2005 2:51am

Style: shotokan, kenjustu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am new on the forum and this is my first post/response but there is something I did not see fully addressed in other comments about this dude. He claims to be a 7th dan at 28?

First off, as I am sure most of us know, dan rankings certainly above godan are very rare . . . and at 28 to be equal to a 7th dan is odd, to say the least. Where did he claim to get his ranking from again?

Truly, different arts are different but come on, that kind of ranking at that age is suspect.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast