Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Titan

Posted On:
    3/10/2003 4:44am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    007, if you must troll at least learn to speak English. Our great language dominates the globe for a reason.

Learn to speak correctly, or be gone.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Space may be the final frontier,
    But it's made in a Hollywood basement.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Taking a break

Posted On:
    3/10/2003 5:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Our great language dominates the globe for a reason.
    Because we were better colonial fascists than the darkies who's countries we invaded?
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Titan

Posted On:
    3/10/2003 5:52am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exactly.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Space may be the final frontier,
    But it's made in a Hollywood basement.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2003 9:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have just started wrestling and from what I can see it is not totally dependent on strength, alot of the techniques use leverage althogh yes ifyou compete you will have to workout. But wrestlers are very skilled not just strong.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    3/15/2003 9:52am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DRT,
    You are absolutely right. The only people who make such pronouncements about wrestling are those who simply have no experience.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    3/15/2003 11:11am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone touched on the point that BJJ doesn't care if you're on your back, and in Wrestling, that means you lose?

BJJ would possibly teach both bad and good habits to a wrestler.

It all comes down to how you train, mentally. If you're the type that can segregate skillsets appropriately depending on encounters, it's a great blend. If you're the type that's more "flow with the go" and your training is geared toward instinctive physical reactions and muscle memory, then it would not be the best choice.

Both approaches have their strengths, but most people fall into either one catagory or the other.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2003 12:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phrost - we had touched on that, that is the main reason why I wanted to get some input from an active wrestler who also trains bjj - to tell me if they have noticed any negative drawback in their wrestling skills.

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    3/15/2003 3:44pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are serious about winning wrestle for a school/college or whatever. I would suggest you to take Judo. Judo have a lot of good tech that are legal in wrestling. My coach used to teach us lot of judo throw and hold.

But if you want to learn self defense, just take wrestle, BJJ, Judo, JJJ, and greco Roman. I would suggest Greco Roman since their spulex are most feared around any fighting sports. I believe that spulex are most lethalous move in whole martial arts/wrestling.

Just throw rock at it and it will go away.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    3/16/2003 1:55pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FD I can't even stand reading your posts anymore.

You generalize so much it makes me sick. You said that every wrestler is in better condition then a boxer or a BJJist? What kind of crap is that?

How the hell do you know? You can compare styles and say everyone that does TKD is weaker then everyone who does Karate, because its just not true.

I can name probably alot of boxers who are in 10x better shape then any wrestler. So before you start acting like an incompatent jackass again think your posts through.

A suplex is the most lethal move? I think I would have to disagree becuase you don't commonly get someone in the position to do a suplex.

Also with a guy who does so much wrestling? Lol would probably get his ass kicked in a fight since he doesn't know how to throw a punch for ****.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    3/16/2003 5:21pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all Carbon, I have play almost every sports. Second, it has been proved many time that wrestler are in better condition and next to that is swimmer/water polo. The reason for that is because wrestler use whole body, use every thing (speed, agile, strenght, endurance, etc...). A sport that require you use WHOLE body strenght will automically improve your whole body.

I can still remeber my first week on wrestling team. My coach keep saying "Wrestling is a very tough sports, I have been a boxer and a football player. None of that is close to be as hard as wrestling, so if you don't want to work hard, please leave" And everyone clearly got the message and team size went down from 35 to only 12 because everyone end up drop out from getting sick, over working, and injuries.

Also wrestling push you over limit often which you don't do in other sports. I am not saying boxing is easy, I know it is hard but when you are using your strenght and endurance non stopping to manipulate someone, it is much harder than just moving around and punching.

By the way, you have no idea how easy it is to get in spulex. There aren't just one spulex, there are at very least 20 spulexes. If it was that hard then Greco Roman would have never been invented or a sport. Also no wrestler would use it either.

If a guy don't know how to punch but is a excellent wrestler, it is scary becuase those guy aren't gonna to control you, he WILL try to destory you as fast as possible. That is goal of wrestling, to beat your opponent as quickly as possible. Also most of the time punch would do no good against them because they are used to getting their head hit by person elbows, knees, or even palm during the tournement.

So your theory about wrestler being unable to win a fight because they don't know how to punch is like as saying that BJJ guy suck because they don't learn how to punch.

Just throw rock at it and it will go away.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast