Sponsored Links Spacer Image

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/15/2002 8:58am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A Danse de Rue man!!! Great to hear that!!!

You got a little more indepth then I was going to go. (Sometimes I feel my efforts are a waste here.) But you are pretty much on the money. Like I said all the SPORT forms have roots in Combative arts.

Sheol shoot me an email. I would be nice to communicate with you.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2002 3:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys...I went to that class for the first time...the teacher name is Fuad...He is Bosnian, and he is crazy, he can kick his a$$ off...i was so tired when we got finished...it was a real workout, i dont see how thai boxers kick each other for that long cause kicking the bad hurts your chins as well...but umm it was a really good class for sixty dollars a month...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2002 5:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's called building calcium deposits over damaged areas of the bones. Technically, you're not supposed to hit shin against shin. It's always hard against soft... at least that's the idea. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2002 7:02pm

Style: BJJ, Vale Tudo, Wrestling, Sanshou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sheol:
    You're not supposed to hit shin against shin? It was my understanding that you are to block shin to shin at exactly a 90 deg angle. Would you care to elaborate on the technique?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2002 7:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was saying the intention is not for someone to hit the opponent's shin. The targets are the soft spots, such as the side of the body. Yes? But that's not how it works out, many-a-time, because your opponent might want to stop you. :D So all you have to do is hit your opponent before he can block. ;)

[Sigh] Maybe I should stick non-humourous posts.

Edited by - Sheol on August 17 2002 19:26:43
  6. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/18/2002 12:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    one of the main targets is the side of the thigh where there is a big artery, repeated strikes can slow and stop circulation making it hard to stand on the leg - regardless of how big the guy's leg is

my kung fu eeeeeees better than yours!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2002 3:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yea mauy thai is awesome!!Too bad alot of fucking romos teach it... I wanna find one of those chink teacher dudes! thatd be aweomse! unlike migo whos a huge ******!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2002 4:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love muay thai!.. I was duped into a McDojo before also, but a buddy of mine started taking muay thai and got me into it.. I love it now!.. Muay Thai on it's own I'd say is the most effective stand up style.. straight to the point, powerful, and great conditioning. With karate, I found myself spending soo much time trying to perfect a hundred and one different ways of punching, that I never really go to learn how to apply them practically.. Muay thai is just great. Muay thai on its own is great, but I agree with these guys when they say to throw in some wrestling or BJJ.. I'd say wrestling unless you really like fighting on the ground as well.. I've trained some grappling with wrestlers.. and they tend to be harder to take down, and have better top position.. which is perfect for someone who prefers to strike..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2002 4:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yea mauy thai is awesome!!Too bad alot of fucking romos teach it... I wanna find one of those chink teacher dudes! thatd be aweomse! unlike migo whos a huge ******!

-Migos gay (everyone all the time)
    Thats not always true. If you're looking to go into MMA with traditional muay thai, you'll realize that traditional MT lends itself to being taken down easily.. and even traditional MT has different flavours.. everyone has slightly different styles.. I train MT at a gym in Toronto, when I first started MT 3 years ago, it was very traditional.. but as time progressed, you learn that this doesn't always work... My instructor adapted the style to work better.. He trains Gary Goodridge, He's worked with all those HammerHouse guys, and also Tom the cat Ericcon.. We've also had the previlege to work with Carlos Newton, Sean Pearson, and Richard Nanku, for te grappling side.. pretty much the Canadian MMA guys.. He's actually in Vegas this week with Gary. Gary is doing a K1 there.. I think he'll lose though.. he's gonna be fighting Mike Bernardo..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2002 4:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    one of the main targets is the side of the thigh where there is a big artery, repeated strikes can slow and stop circulation making it hard to stand on the leg - regardless of how big the guy's leg is

my kung fu eeeeeees better than yours!
    Here's a pic that you'll enjoy! its from my last fight a year ago.. I'm the guy with blue gloves..

Leg kick

one more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast