Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ex-RAF

Posted On:
    4/22/2005 6:21pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Cardiff Kyokushinkai?

Hello all, this is my first stab at a real post. I hear that Bullshido's got a load of people from all over the world (and after sifting through a lot of threads, this seems very much the case).

I've started training here: Cardiff Kyokushinkai - I've been for two sessions, and although my knowledge of MA is limited, the physical aspect, workouts and sparring / bagwork seem pretty thorough. Each session's 2 hours long, so it's a decent workout.

My question is this: is there anyone from Wales here who has any experience of training in or competing against people from this club? Because so far it seems good, and I want to find out as much as I can about it to avoid a nasty letdown later along the line.

Thanks in advance!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2005 7:09pm

Style: Kyokushin/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no experience with the Wales club. However, from the 2003 photos, it looks like their team was pretty solid and has some good fighters. Steve Arneil is pictured, likely as the host of the tournament. He is very well respected and his fighters tend to be very good.

Ex-RAF

Posted On:
    4/23/2005 6:32am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the comments :) I just want to be 100% sure I'm not getting myself into something bad here.. just call it paranoia, I don't know. As mentioned though, it's looking pretty good so far. :mblah05:

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 2:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

cakemasters kyokushin experience in cardiff

Does cakemaster still train? ( i know it's an old thread) - the aforementioned club is very good ( i don't train there) if terry prescott is still the sensei, cakemaster is getting good training.
    osu! yann

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 2:59pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yann
    Does cakemaster still train? ( i know it's an old thread) - the aforementioned club is very good ( i don't train there) if terry prescott is still the sensei, cakemaster is getting good training.
    osu! yann
    If you click on his username, and then on show all posts, you can see that he hasn't posted here for over two years, so I don't think he's going to be seeing your question.

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 3:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thank you-he obviously did not continue-but someone may find my initial recommendation useful?
    yann