222357 Bullies, 4884 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/16/2005 2:42pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Can't again, daughter's birthday party. I'm going to be dealing with 10-15 snotty little brats from 1:30 to 3:00.
    Bleh, it's looking like it's going to run past 3. JDC if you read this, I'm sending you a PM with my cell number.

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    8/19/2005 2:08pm

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For family reasons, I am moving back to Kansas next June (instead of in 3 1/2 years). So I was checking out the Crawford website and I noticed that it is even more expensive that Matt Hume's AMC Pankration in Seattle! It sounds like from the training logs of the folks that go there that there is much more individual attention at Crawfords, but it still seems steep.

For those that train there: is it worth the price? Did the prices go up because apparently the place rocks in comparison to every other school in the area? I readily admit that if the place is worth it I will gladly dip into my son's college fund to pay for classes (he can pay for his own damn college anyway), train hard for a few weeks, then....uh...not show up for awhile.

Most likely I will be enrolled in an accelerated nursing program for the first year followed by nurse practitioner school for a year (all while working), so it is likely I will be very busy. But once again, from you'alls training logs (especially scrapper's), it seems like a place that a person will make time to train at.

Thoughts?

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    8/19/2005 2:15pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The place is absolutely top notch. I think you can still train for 75 a month if you sign a contract (gasp! Contract! aaaaaagh!)

There is nothing even remotely similar in the area. Lots of individual attention, cage fights available, top notch instruction in a no-nonsense atmosphere. Crawford has forgotten more about the martial arts than I will ever know.

The training is superlative.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Posted On:
    8/19/2005 2:56pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    The place is absolutely top notch. I think you can still train for 75 a month if you sign a contract (gasp! Contract! aaaaaagh!)

There is nothing even remotely similar in the area. Lots of individual attention, cage fights available, top notch instruction in a no-nonsense atmosphere. Crawford has forgotten more about the martial arts than I will ever know.

The training is superlative.
    Sounds sweet. Color me jealous.

I would get *so* pwned there.

-daGorilla

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    8/19/2005 3:08pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I forgot to mention that his fighters routinely sweep local MMA events. I thought I was tough untill I went there.

Check out my log for details:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...1&page=5&pp=15
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    8/19/2005 3:19pm

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daGorilla
    Sounds sweet. Color me jealous.

I would get *so* pwned there.

-daGorilla

Well you could get pwned here too! Probably not by me, but uh...yeah.

I did come up with the shirts for Bastyr MMA Club:

"You just got your ass kicked by a hippie."

Scrapper - Thanks for the info. Now I plan to be about 190 in a year (hah!), but if I am still at 212ish, is there many people in that range?

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    8/19/2005 3:52pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah.

170-250 is pretty well populated at Crawford's. Lots of 185's and 205's a bunch of 215-230's and a couple of 220-320's.

Even a few little guys. 190 is probably where you will find the most guys...but the spreead is pretty good all-around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12