Dr. Fagbot Q. MacGillicuddy, PhD's Avatar

You are in a lot of trouble.

Posted On:
    4/14/2005 1:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Twirling Foot Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i enjoyed similar symptoms from dehydration once. nausea, fading in and out, chills, shakes... broke out in a weird, greasy, cold sweat too. i was pretty much fucked until i got a little water and salt into me.

you might've just had a dose of the flu whammy, but i guess it's possible that if you've had the runs or something along with it that you dehydrated yourself, with that and all the effort from rolling with gramps mcchokey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    FORM AN ACROBATIC BRIDGE ACROSS OMEGA'S GOOCH
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Bleep bleep blip bloop

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    4/14/2005 1:02pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know what your medical insurance situation is like, but I'd go see a doc if it's feasible. No point in not having expert opinion if you can have one. Otherwise, yeah, rest and try to eat "clean" for the weekend: Fresh fruits and veggies and such.

Posted On:
    4/14/2005 1:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by samurai_steve
    ...try to eat "clean" for the weekend: Fresh fruits and veggies and such.
    why?

(rest, the doc thing... sure, that's a given.)
    Bleep bleep blip bloop

Posted On:
    4/14/2005 1:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since we're talking BJJ near-death experiences.... I had a very uncomfortable experience that almost made me haul off and hit someone out of pure rage.

Someone was using wind chokes against me; I think they were Ezekiel chokes. Anyhow, since I'm a n00b, I didn't know such techniques were legal or if they were legal, but "dirty pool" and nothing to be used against a n00b. So given I thought there was an element of "wrongness" to them, I'm trying to struggle out of the choke while I feel adrenaline surging through my veins like I'm ready to fight for my life when I finally tap, and I sit up, ready to swing at the guy before I mentally checked myself.

I sat out for 15 mins until I got under control and got my wind back. Cause I didn't want to roll while I was still on an adrenaline fix and hurt someone with BS stuff.

I think that was one of the few times in my life I've ever gotten furious enough to haul off and hit someone. I'm a pretty chill guy, but ****....

Posted On:
    4/14/2005 1:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad News Hughes
    why?

(rest, the doc thing... sure, that's a given.)
    Fruits and veggies have good nutrition, with vitamins, minerals, and the little stuff like phytochemicals that can help cleanse and such. And they're easier to digest.

He should be eating plenty anyways, but if he doesn't make a habit of it, it couldn't hurt. Eating things like spicy creamed beef would be much harder on his body, since it's digesting milk, meat, and spice altogether. Takes more out of a person.

Just a personal thing, nothing steeped in science or anything like that.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    4/14/2005 1:22pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds to me a lot like low blood sugar. If it happens again, have it checked. You may have adult onset diabetes. Stranger things have happened. Shockingly though...nobody thinks it will happen to them.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    4/14/2005 1:22pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone was using wind chokes against me; I think they were Ezekiel chokes. Anyhow, since I'm a n00b, I didn't know such techniques were legal or if they were legal, but "dirty pool" and nothing to be used against a n00b. So given I thought there was an element of "wrongness" to them, I'm trying to struggle out of the choke while I feel adrenaline surging through my veins like I'm ready to fight for my life when I finally tap, and I sit up, ready to swing at the guy before I mentally checked myself.
    Here's an idea: Quit being a bitch and tap.
    The fact that they pissed you off makes me hope they get used on you a lot and that you end up with a perpetually sore throat. "ready to swing"? That's why I'm starting to agree with the crush the n00b mentality.
    Guess what? BJJ hurts.

No reason not to use ezekiels on noobs. ****, they're noob chokes to begin with.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    4/14/2005 1:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    Sounds to me a lot like low blood sugar. If it happens again, have it checked. You may have adult onset diabetes. Stranger things have happened. Shockingly though...nobody thinks it will happen to them.
    This is an issue for me. Similar symptoms (though not as extreme) often. Family history of diabetes.

What I don't get is that I've always heard adult onset was linked to weight problems, which I don't have.

Posted On:
    4/14/2005 1:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fruits and veggies have good nutrition, with vitamins, minerals, and the little stuff like phytochemicals that can help cleanse and such. And they're easier to digest.

He should be eating plenty anyways, but if he doesn't make a habit of it, it couldn't hurt. Eating things like spicy creamed beef would be much harder on his body, since it's digesting milk, meat, and spice altogether. Takes more out of a person.

Just a personal thing, nothing steeped in science or anything like that.
    cleansing phytochemicals "and such?" psssh. well, you got that last part right, at least.

(hapko3 - sorry to derail your thread, but this is bullshido, after all... couldn't resist.) (and i hope whatever it is turns out to be an isolated and minor incident too, for what it's worth.)
    Bleep bleep blip bloop

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2005 1:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I don't get is that I've always heard adult onset was linked to weight problems, which I don't have.
    From what I understand, this isn't always the case. It's most often linked to weight problems, but not always.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast