Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 2:02pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Except in shooting, I'm not at close quarters range and can't fake and feint. If I am not hit someone in the nose, I don't aim for some subjective "where their nose is gonna be". I set it up, aim for their nose, and hit it.

Your analogy fails.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 2:03pm

Style: She Sho Nah Fen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No stupid, I said theres no science to KWONS strikes. and he wasnt talkin about hitting a moving target. he said, and showed, how he punches away from people in hopes of hitting them

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 2:05pm

Style: Shoninkwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    I box. All I do is punch with my fists.

What you say makes no sense*.

* - well we could get into timing the persons slips and ****...
    Just becasue you box doesn't mean anything. Lets break this down to common sense and physics. What strike would be harder....hitting a target that is stationary or hitting a target that is moving in the direction that your attack is coming? EX. a target moving toward the direction of the strike. That is the basic concept behind that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 2:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    Except in shooting, I'm not at close quarters range and can't fake and feint. If I am not hit someone in the nose, I don't aim for some subjective "where their nose is gonna be". I set it up, aim for their nose, and hit it.

Your analogy fails.
    I was talking about with guns and rifles. Do i have to spell out everything for you guys? There multiple strategies for striking targets.
    Last edited by Jhsephiroth; 1/20/2006 2:12pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 2:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by me4life69
    No stupid, I said theres no science to KWONS strikes. and he wasnt talkin about hitting a moving target. he said, and showed, how he punches away from people in hopes of hitting them
    Well, maybe we could spar and then you can tell everyone here how much science there is to the strikes he teaches. And there is no need for name calling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 2:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    agian and for the last time. I was standing still, he SAID and SHOWED punching WAY away from my face and saying how he aims for people moving offline. If I never would of moved he never would of hit me. He wasnt saying ANYTHING about hitting a moving target

also, what about his claims of running a 3:20 miles, and I have witnesses to him saying that

PLZ PLZ PLZ log onto aol, i would LOVE to talk with u

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 2:13pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhsephiroth
    Just becasue you box doesn't mean anything. Lets break this down to common sense and physics. What strike would be harder....hitting a target that is stationary or hitting a target that is moving in the direction that your attack is coming? EX. a target moving toward the direction of the strike. That is the basic concept behind that.
    aaaahhhhhh-hahahahah! omg are you fucking kidding me? Dude, it doesn't matter. Yes one is a little harder, sure. So what though? you could be moving directly away from my fist but if I hit you, you're gonna get hurt.

So what do you do if the guy DOESN"T MOVE! OMG! Your powers become useless! :5brokenhe
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 2:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by me4life69
    agian and for the last time. I was standing still, he SAID and SHOWED punching WAY away from my face and saying how he aims for people moving offline. If I never would of moved he never would of hit me. He wasnt saying ANYTHING about hitting a moving target

also, what about his claims of running a 3:20 miles, and I have witnesses to him saying that

PLZ PLZ PLZ log onto aol, i would LOVE to talk with u
    I'm not saying you are lying about what he said. He says things that i don't agree with at times. I'll ask him about that because the only way i see it being effective is if the target is moving toward the strike.

I'll ask him about that mile time aswell. From what I remember balck belts have to run the mile in no more than 5 or 6 mins for their test. I don't think that time is accurate. I'll ask him about it. On a track a mile is 1600 meters..4 full laps. When I was running track in highschool I could average 55 sec the first lap and after that about 1 min at the most for all the others so i doubt that he could have run it that fast.

I'd love to chat but i'm at work and I can't log into AOL right now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 2:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    aaaahhhhhh-hahahahah! omg are you fucking kidding me? Dude, it doesn't matter. Yes one is a little harder, sure. So what though? you could be moving directly away from my fist but if I hit you, you're gonna get hurt.

So what do you do if the guy DOESN"T MOVE! OMG! Your powers become useless! :5brokenhe
    I don't see what is so funny. Don't you know that there is more than one way to hit a person. That was the point of explaining that strategy. I wonder about the intelligence level of some of you guys.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 2:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have witnesses, he SAID it man. Look, Im throughly happy that you have trained for 7 years. But you are learning from someone who has NO idea what they are talkin about. Kwon is fast, kwon speaks GREAT. He is athletic. He has NO idea what he is talkin about. He told everyone he beat Gary Chase and the WHOLE school. Then came into the school to train and Gary "worked" with him for the whole class. He told Kevin Miller he couldnt kick fast. Then when confronted by Miller he ran like a scared bitch, theres witnesses to this as well.

Ive been in the class, 3 times. Ive known him for 5 years. He made EVERYTHING up. What lil aikido he knows he got from videos, the class with gary. The tae kwon do he knows is from Master Kim. And I know he has rented videos from harry dach.

You have been taken for a ride for 7 years my friend. This "style" is NOTHING more then to bosst his ego, which is MASSIVE. Ive watched him teach cross ukemi, which is dangerous. The students dont bend their knees, they have NO center. The katas are loose and with no science, and is rarely the same twice. Kwan stands off to the side most the time and just rambles on. Some BS about "wheres your elbow power" WHAT THE HELL IS THAT??

to a white belt none the less, also keep in mind what kwan was TRYING to say was wheres your hips at. But he doesnt know enough to say that.

and let me clear this up ONE more time man. we are standing outside IHOP. He said I punch offline so people who move get hit. And he punched. Again, WHAT IF I DONT MOVE, or god forbid, I move to the RIGHT!!!! It was the dumbest damn thing Ive ever heard man.
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast