Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Videos

# 4,5,8,9 and 10 are hilarious and worth the wait

http://www.snkd.com/Post4.htm

http://www.snkd.com/Post5.htm

http://www.snkd.com/Post8.htm

http://www.snkd.com/Post9.htm

http://www.snkd.com/Post10.htm

these should go direct to play in I.E. and problably in firefox ..

*edit*
    maybe in firefox if your lucky and have the MediaPlayerConnectivity Extension
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 10/21/2005 12:19am at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 12:16am

Style: mix

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry Mongo; i was just making an observation. and as such can you prove that "every word on that sight is a lie" ? don't take this the wrong way, i'm just looking for more factual backup. and about Sho, he is a credited for studying Tanaka Ryu now for how long or how close is completely up to speculation on my part for I have never met him, but I have laughed a good bit when watching the opening scenes to his movies (the ones where he goes over how to "use" the weapons).

i thought video 9 was pretty good but the little kid was funny. sidenote, the videos didn't play in firefox for me for somereason i had to use I.E. just a heads up.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 12:35am

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact that there is no documentation to any of his claims and he is misleading people into attending his classes is disgusting. I think that martial arts quality control is a big priority and if people don't have qualifications, they should not be trying to teach.
    Making up a martial art in the US is relatively easy seeing as most people don't know **** about it. For people who have seriously studied martial arts, its insulting to have something that important **** upon.
    If I made up a church, people would line up to call bullshit on it, I don't see martial arts as being different. The fact that more people do not get outraged shows that there is not a lot of people who are really serious about learning Budo or Martial Arts in general.

software engineer

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 12:37am

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PURE AWESOME.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 12:40am

Style: mix

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    your last statement is very VERY true "The fact that more people do not get outraged shows that there is not a lot of people who are really serious about learning Budo or Martial Arts in general." That is why there are so many MC Dojo's around. Just curious but have you ever seen the movie (actually it's more of a documentery on Martial Arts in Japan) called Budo? There is also another one (if i can find the link i'll add it) of Ishida (the all japan kendoist) going for and recieving his Hachi Dan in kendo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 1:17am

Style: Kung fu, Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those videos were awesome. Every single technique they demo'd in those videos were done with OBVIOUS total compliance. Especially video 1, he barely made any contact with the other guy and half his technique was already done for him. Video 2 just looked like a really screwed up version of one of the katas from my SKK days. Video 4 was just laugh out loud funny. At least video 8 was a little better than the others, but I can't really critique that since it was a little more throwing than I have trained in, and it actually looked (to me) that he was throwing his body weight into the throws more. Honestly, though, video 9 was total BS.

Also, the site all worked fine on my Firefox browser, and I don't have any extensions installed on it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 1:23am

Style: Kung fu, Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Grande
    Well...they do have pictures in their gallery with guys wearing MMA gloves...but they also have a freaking romoshopped pic or two.

Gringo Grande
    Ya, I don't know what that's all about. They sell them on their site:
    http://www.snkd.com/gloves.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 1:27am

Style: Daito Ryu, BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGO
    The fact that there is no documentation to any of his claims and he is misleading people into attending his classes is disgusting. I think that martial arts quality control is a big priority and if people don't have qualifications, they should not be trying to teach.
    Making up a martial art in the US is relatively easy seeing as most people don't know **** about it. For people who have seriously studied martial arts, its insulting to have something that important **** upon.
    If I made up a church, people would line up to call bullshit on it, I don't see martial arts as being different. The fact that more people do not get outraged shows that there is not a lot of people who are really serious about learning Budo or Martial Arts in general.
    Spot on.

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 1:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rex kwon do???????????????

Last edited by SifuAbel; 10/21/2005 1:35am at .
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 4:37pm

Style: Koei-Kan, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm trying to figure the picture with the two guys and the portrait of O'Sensei. Where is the supposed connection with Ueshiba? I didn't see anything on the site except a brief mention of some Aikido influence.
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast