Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2006 4:04pm

Style: MT, Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just searched memphis schools and I found this thread. It made me lol.

Shonin kwon do is crap. I used to work with the instructor at best buy and sent him flying through an automatic door with 0 martial arts technique. I just said his "demonstration" looked like flash n' trash karate, and he got all willy nilly on me and tried to do some stupid spinning back kick thing, basically I just bull rushed him and football tackled him through a door and into a foyeur. This was when i was still training in aikido before I picked up bjj. There was literally no technique involved at all, I just tackled him.

Anyway, kwon is kinda notorious for "challenging" local martial arts schools and getting his ass beat. My gym hasn't heard from him lately, last I heard he took an almost concussive O soto gari from one of our judoka, but I'm not sure.

anyway, if anyone is still looking for training in the memphis area, our school is very laid back and open minded, and the people there are generally very nice and receptive (except me). You can find the info on it here:

www.memphisbjj.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2006 7:59pm

Style: Taekwondo,Muay Thai, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ya I went there once when I was invited by a student but I wasn't too inpressed so I never went back. Their instructor always talked **** like how he could beat my instructor and somehow traced his lineage using the novel "Shogun" (hope that was a joke).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2006 2:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland
    Ya I went there once when I was invited by a student but I wasn't too inpressed so I never went back. Their instructor always talked **** like how he could beat my instructor and somehow traced his lineage using the novel "Shogun" (hope that was a joke).
    Yeah, if I actually gave enough of a **** I'd go out to his place and wreck him and his students just on principle, but I'd really rather just have nothing to do with that kind of garbage instruction.

You should come by memphis bjj and hang out, there's alot of friendly people to exchange ideas with about striking and grappling. Everyone has a little different flavor to what they do.

Sexe dans la derrière!

Posted On:
    4/16/2006 3:42am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai Khmer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow... this is all... just... jezus h. christ on a sloppy-joe, Bullshido, you have bested yourself once again! This has been one of the most enjoyably piddling and melodramatic flamewars I have read in a long time, and I thank you for providing fodder for my insomnia. They day one of these douchbags shows up at an actual throwdown will be the day that ((witty remark on the impossibility of a hypothetical situation inserted here)).
    /popcorn
    /or should i say... poopcorn?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2006 3:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfujew
    The day one of these douchbags shows up at an actual throwdown will be the day
    One can only hope :)

Posted On:
    4/15/2007 7:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is an intersting debate, has anyone attended this school to determine on the effectiveness of their techniques?

poser

Posted On:
    4/15/2007 8:00pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    4/15/2007 8:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've read some of the comments and damn! I'm interested in seeing some of the videos that everyone is talking about, can anyone hit me up with to go?

Antiquated

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 1:27pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A year to the day since the last post, so don't post anymore on this subject Observer, no one cares about this anymore.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819