Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2008 9:59pm

Style: JuShinDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

enshin boxing MMA and judo

yes, Joko Ninomiya, seems like a great guy, from my own experience iwth him at a lake-training camp, and I doubt he will add much of a ground game to Enshin, in his autobiography, he talks about how he was trainig Judo and karate and his teacher (Ashihara?) told him, "choose one," and he chose karate, so...? Yes, triangle choke is also in Judo. and Boxing is a great supplement to any style, including maybe taking a little Kick-boxing, boxing with full-contact kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMaster00
    Enshin seems like a great way to transition into Judo/Bjj from stand up striking. I plan to take all of these one day and they seem to integrate well with one another. I could be mistaken, but I though the triangle choke was in Judo as well. I don't think Kancho Ninomiya would integrate a MA technique into his discipline that he has never used before.

I've read both books and they are excellent MA reading, highly recommended.

Sabaki Method seems more humane on oneself as opposed to the straight ahead knockdown style of other MA's like classic Kyokushin. I don't have a problem sweeping/throwing a guy after a few hits then pummeling him on the ground. Easier and safer on me I believe.

Ninomiya seems like a great guy and a great guy to have as Grandmaster of Enshin. It looks like a great system to immerse oneself in for life and a great family to be a part of.

I recommend boxing to fill in the gaps for the lack of head punching in karate kumite. I plan to take boxing after acheiving black belt in Enshin for complete standing/striking mastery. If you get in a real fight, the first thing the guy will probably do is throw a punch at your face and that is the very thing you don't practice in Enshin.

Posted On:
    5/07/2009 11:48am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Enshin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Enshin and Ninoyima

I had the pleasure of meeting him on his US tour of seminars. My Sensei also was a great friend of mine so I got to train outside of class with him one on one. My Sensei held a seminar in Michigan. We got to train with Ninomiya and I got to talk to him over dinner. I also went to seminars in Cleveland, Newcastle, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. All I can tell anyone is he is a great human being. He taught me much in a short period of time. He is truly one of the worlds great martial artists. I think Mas Oyama dubbed him the "next great KK guy". It was completely an honor and unforgettable experience to train with him. I boxed for a long time and had very little respect for MA due to the fact that many TKD guys I met flat out sucked at actual fighting. All it took was one leg kick from my Sensei and I limped for 2 weeks. I knew Enshin was the real deal. Just go on youtube and watch him kick 200 lbs of ice in half with his shin. That man is a beast.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2009 6:56pm

Style: Enshin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I plan to travel to Denver next year to watch the 2010 Sabaki Challenge and to meet Kancho Ninomiya.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2009 8:22pm

Style: Enshin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    weird completely missed this thread. Kancho Ninomiya is a very good person to know and train under.

and milkman let me know when your down here hope you can make it to one of the classes
    Last edited by henshinx; 5/11/2009 8:25pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2012 6:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

enshin karate utah

When my own sensei broke from Enshin, here in Salt Lake City, Utah, I opted to stick with him (been with him for ten years) rather than stick with Ninomiya Shihan. I felt loyale to my sensei. To this day, I now regret that. I would have been a lot better off sticking with Enshin. I'm not sure I can totally say that, as since I left Sensei,I took KBoxing (WKA), Aikido, some more Judo, TKD, and now into Iaido and Kendo. But as Mas Oyama said, (paraphrased) "you will never achieve anythign jumping around, you have to choose one path and stick to it." I'm afraid that Ninomiya will never open a Utah branch dojo.

Quote Originally Posted by henshinx View Post
    weird completely missed this thread. Kancho Ninomiya is a very good person to know and train under.

and milkman let me know when your down here hope you can make it to one of the classes

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2013 12:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course, Ninomiya Kancho reached Sandan in Judo, even Willie Williams wondered why Ninomiya would always end up on top when they ended up gi to gi, Judo is the answer.

As for who is the "
    f'n dumbass"!? and besides BJJ came from Judo anyway, but evolved, just as Enshin evolved from Ashihar which evolved from Kyokushin-kai. BTW, jsut an FYI, I suggest you don't use language like that if you ever walk into an Oyama offshoot dojo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Uhm If you were familiar with Joko you know he did Judo before doing karate. SO he didn't get add armlocks and **** straight out of BJJ. Ya fucking dumbass.

JUDO UBER ALLES!!!!

Posted On:
    11/02/2013 2:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blugularis View Post
    ...he talks about how he was trainig Judo and karate and his teacher (Ashihara?) told him, "choose one"...
    He could have chosen the route Azuma took. If that hadn't happened, we wouldn't have Daido-Juku/Kudo today. What a grey, grey world that would be...
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345