Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2005 2:54am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by a practitioner
    This represents a sad state of affairs. I have been through this site from one end to the other and have found NO redeeming qualities to it. It caters to the baisest nature of the martial arts. The need to HURT people. I say this, knowing I will be flamed and expunged from the site but thats okay because this is not an enviornment I wish to be in anyway.

The videos posted here, for the most part, are not for the benefit of anyones training but, instead, to glorify violence. Take the video of "girls fighting." Did all of you "frat boys" have a good time beating off watching girls beating the **** out of each other. Maybe some of your students parents would reconsider allowing their children to train under you if they saw some of the items on this site. Try to imagine what a parent might say, considering a number of you "claim" to be instructors. If that is the attitude you maintain when training peoples children then your dojos are the last place my children will see.

And the style bashing that goes on is unbelievable. My style is better than your style. This style sucks, that instructor is a piece of ****. So much "positive" attitude here, NOT!!!!!!

You view the martial arts as a way to say MY DICK IS BIGGER THAN YOURS. Thats a great way to instill values in your students. Take Clyde for example. He's proud to be a dick. I wouldn't want you in my school either. Not with that attitude. Not that i need your help anyway. The sad part is you're a senior ranked black belt. With that chip on your shoulder(more like a redwood) and a head that size, its amazing you can walk upright. Whats wrong, did the IKCA steal some of your students. Give me a break. You degrade the IKCA because they take money out of your pocket. Chuck and Vic have brought the art of Kenpo to those that otherwise would never have found it.

The general climate of this site is one of ego. You aren't interested in enhancing the arts, you just want to shock people. You take pleasure in other peoples pain, you denigrate and insult those that ask a question or state an opinion, calling them names because you don't agree with their point of view. You don't know how to have a "rational" discussion. Its all about I'm right and you are wrong so **** you. And if you don't like it the site moderator will just boot you.

So have fun marvelling at your dicks and bashing other peoples views on the martial arts, oh, and while you're at it, grow up!
    Some people just need a good mollywhopping.

Where's flashlig...err...Ronin?

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    12/17/2005 3:35am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL ASIA
    I try not to get on Kenpo names because I know that many of the arts I've trained when translated had some hockey sounding names. But they just love them. Here are a few I remeber from my very short kenpo days:

Sword of Destruction
    Delayed Sword
    Lone Kimono
    Twin Kimono
    Raining Claw
    Destructive KNEEL
    Escape form the Storm
    CAPTURING THE ROD!!!!
    Prance of the Tiger
    Marriage of the Rams

There are many many more but thats what I remember now.
    I think you need to go here.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Kenpo Instructor

Posted On:
    12/17/2005 6:58am

supporting member
     Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by a practitioner
    You view the martial arts as a way to say MY DICK IS BIGGER THAN YOURS. Thats a great way to instill values in your students. Take Clyde for example. He's proud to be a dick. I wouldn't want you in my school either. Not with that attitude. Not that i need your help anyway. The sad part is you're a senior ranked black belt. With that chip on your shoulder(more like a redwood) and a head that size, its amazing you can walk upright. Whats wrong, did the IKCA steal some of your students. Give me a break. You degrade the IKCA because they take money out of your pocket. Chuck and Vic have brought the art of Kenpo to those that otherwise would never have found it.

Yep, I'm proud to be a prick, but a well trained prick. I wouldn't want to be in your school, you're a Kenpophobe. And the reason you don't want me there is because you'd be embarrassed by just how little you know. You call it a chip on my shoulder, I call it confidence, and it's obvious you don't have any. I notice you don't put any info about yourself other than your BDay, why is that? Oh yea, scared of ID theft from the internet OOOOOO. And I see you just registered to post about me LOL.

And it's obvious you haven't spent enough time around Vic to know what he's about. He can be a perfect gentleman to your face and talk **** about you 1 minute later to someone else. At least I tell the truth, always, and if I think you're an asshole, I'll tell you right to your face.

No, the IKCA didn't steal any students, they couldn't, they can only get idiots like yourself who don't know any better to join LOL. You keep thinking that the IKCA is doing something good, live in that Kenpo Utopia you'd like to see, and keep drinking that Kool-Aid bubba LOL.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde
    Saving Kenpo souls one at a time!

Put down your purse!

Speed is fine, but accuracy is final. Wyatt Earp, 1888

"For certain 'tis a shameful spite, and dreadful to the heart,
    For an Irishman to see a fight, and not be taking part."

--"How McPherson Held the Floor"

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    12/17/2005 7:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish to add something.

Earlier this year in Queensland a Kyokushin tournament was held. Kyokushin dojo's from around the country attended, but manily from Sydney,Melbourne and Queensland. Our top blackbelt was knocked out by a Kenpo Karate guy. Now this black belt in question has been a State National Heavy weight champion and frankly is a bone breaker. He's sent a few people to hospital while sparring in the dojo.

That being said I think Kenpo Karate is alright.

With reards to the video. I like their point of view that the quality of fighters these days is soooo much higher than in previous years. And alot of "questionable" techniques should be dropped. A fighters approach to training must adapt to the times.

But those demonstrations I saw. Terrible. The multiple attackers situation was crap. People coming in with obvious punch's and then just standing there letting the other person put the technique on. Not very realistic training at all. If your promoting your martial art that is not what you should show.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    12/17/2005 8:07am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by liokault
    But but but, that looks nothing like what Chuck Liddel does in his fights?
    I thought Chuck liddel did some kind of hawaiian kickboxing that also has 'kempo' in the title but is nothing to do with Ed Parker ?
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Moron

Posted On:
    12/17/2005 8:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    I thought Chuck liddel did some kind of hawaiian kickboxing that also has 'kempo' in the title but is nothing to do with Ed Parker ?

Ah, you mean he did the good Kempo?

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    12/17/2005 9:01am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know anything about this american kempo stuff other than it's what Elvis used to do.
    That's good enough for me.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2005 10:23am

Style: JKD , Spirit Fingers

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *sigh*

AKK is a pretty decent stand-up art IF the students are taught to apply what they have learned in a resisting format. Too many AKK instructors view sparring and bag work as superfulous, and technique practice as the only thing that matters. I know I got a lot of raised eyebrows when I would practice techniques on the bag. :happy11:

Has to be at least 50/50 IMHO. Otherwise, you end up with what you saw on those videos. Nice clean technique and good form, but limited ability to really make it work under pressure.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/17/2005 12:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Liddell trains and teaches Hawaiian Kempo, his teacher's teacher changed the name from Kajukenbo to something (kazazukempo or whatever, I'm too lazy to search) avoid sending $ to Hawaii.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    12/17/2005 2:01pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe you're referring to Sonny Gacson's "Karazenpo Goshin Jutsu", which is essentially Kajukenbo.

At the risk of sounding like a personal martial art whore, let me state right off the bat that most systems of "Hawaiin Kenpo" are typically rather hardcore. Almost all include elements of FMA, Full Contact Sparring, and at least a smattering of groundwork.

My list includes Kajukenbo, Karazenpo Goshinjutsu, Kosho Shorei Ryu, and of course Kara Ho Kempo.

Still, every AK/EPAK student I've trained with had awesome technique, and stories about Parker and his crew are pretty glowing.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345