Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/06/2003 3:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why the **** did he do that?

anyway you;re fortunate he didn't stab (just like anyone would be..) I bet (like you say.)
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Posted On:
    3/06/2003 3:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blade windu: just wondering, if an attacker has a knife and knows what he's doing, would

be able to do anything, or would he just have to run away and hope the guy can't catch him.

Edited by - brandeissansoo on March 06 2003 02:38:36

Titan

Posted On:
    3/06/2003 3:57am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He'd have a lot more chance than most people, just because of his sheer size. (Intimidation value and the ability to throw you around like a rag doll, even if you happen to be the best fighter in the world.)

Even big Bob's got a very high chance of being badly hurt/killed, they've only got to touch you to do damage.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Space may be the final frontier,
    But it's made in a Hollywood basement.

Edited by - slj on March 06 2003 03:00:08
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

***ned

Posted On:
    3/06/2003 4:48am

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    they've only got to touch you to do damage.
    Well put SLJ. In stillness, a blade still cuts. I'd seriously prefer going up against a bat or any other sort of cudgel, than an edged weapon.

Weapons are man's equalizers. Why are we here? Because our ancestors made weapons to defend ourselves against the other predators of this world, and ironically, each other. That said, a competent knife fighter would kill Sapp. Literally. In the time it takes to throw a haymaker, he could be cut 3 or 4 times (by cut, I mean stab or slash).

Hehe, this is an interesting activity, but it helps illustrate the point. Make a fist (pretend there's a knife) and move it 3 inches up and down as fast as you can (you guys should have this motion DOWN PAT). Now imagine if you had a knife in your hand. Take note of the number of stabbing motions you made in 2 seconds. Maybe it's not realistic, but it's sobering nonetheless.

~
    delirious

Posted On:
    3/06/2003 9:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think he'd still get stabbed up, though he would have a chance of a quick KO/wrestle the knife off him.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Titan

Posted On:
    3/06/2003 10:43am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just the thought of standing opposite Sapp makes me poo myself, and it makes me respect Nog even more than I did before he beat him.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Space may be the final frontier,
    But it's made in a Hollywood basement.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias
  7. 9chambers

Posted On:
    3/08/2003 4:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    even if Sapp crushed the guy's arm into three pieces and slammed his head into the sidewalk .. if the guy got one good slash in to a main artery Sapp would die before the ambulance got there.

Even the winner of a knife fight doesn't often live.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123