Our Sponsors:

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/15/2005 11:23am

Style: wingy chingy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a good school in Orlando and a great one in Tallahasee, but I don't know anything about the schools in jacksonville.

According to wingchun.org there's at least one more in the city:

Anthony Arnett's Wing Chun Academy
    6001-27 Argyle Forest Blvd., Suite 19, Jacksonville, FL 32244
    Tel: (904) 264-6248 or 384-1297
    Notes: affiliated with WWCKFA

No personal experience with this school, but maybe amicheal would like to check it out...

Anyways. Shuma, crawl back into your hole.
    "It does not matter who the master is. It does not matter what the face looks like. The masters are of the Qimen school of qigong/meditation which is related to Zen. The master wears white robes, and the predecessor master wears bright gold robes. The qimen school travels the univers and is not restricted to what paradise they live in. It has many masters" -Serious Harm

Posted On:
    4/15/2005 11:28am

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by grond
    Maybe.

You mean long and short arms, right?
    Heh, yeah. To quote the Queen of salsa, late Celia Cruz: "My english is not very good looking..."

:)

Tomas
    Current stage of death: denial

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2005 11:32am

Style: nothing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I should clarify in that I am happy with the instructor and how he teaches. He just might be a grean con artist, but he has told me things to make me feel better about the situation. I have heard many people personally vouch for his character. I also watched some introductory sparring last night. It wasn't full blown, full speed sparring, but these people are still new (maybe four months into learning) with just a bit more experience than I have. At my current rate I will be participating in these sessions in another month or so and at that point I will get a better idea of where the class will take me.

My concerns were with the style itself. However, after thinking the situation over quite a bit this last week I have resolved to give it a year (barring some very obvious breakdown of course). If I waste a year with this then so be it, but I'm willing to give it an honest shot.

Posted On:
    4/15/2005 11:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good luck again.

If you have more questions you'd rather ask someone on here about wing chun, or whatever, feel free to message me...
    "It does not matter who the master is. It does not matter what the face looks like. The masters are of the Qimen school of qigong/meditation which is related to Zen. The master wears white robes, and the predecessor master wears bright gold robes. The qimen school travels the univers and is not restricted to what paradise they live in. It has many masters" -Serious Harm

Modesty forbids more.

Posted On:
    4/15/2005 12:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ newbie.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus dude, you went to a crappy school, get over it. There are some great wing chun schools.
    Why don´t YOU try Muay Thai or kickboxing for some time, so that you will actually be able to compare wing chun to other, more well rounded arts?
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Posted On:
    4/15/2005 12:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WingChun Lawyer
    Why don´t YOU try Muay Thai or kickboxing for some time, so that you will actually be able to compare wing chun to other, more well rounded arts?

First accept that wing chun has a hook punch. :icon_tong

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/15/2005 12:11pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you accept that wing chun has no redeeming qualities other than keeping you fagbots out of my school.

Posted On:
    4/15/2005 12:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uh oh, Aesopian has teamed himself up with WCL for a devastating 'wing chun sucks' attack.

Let me go hide. Out of boredom.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/15/2005 12:16pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aesopian and WCL lawyer at it again, refusing to let up with this incessant "reason". :sad3:

Posted On:
    4/15/2005 12:19pm

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First accept that wing chun has a hook punch. :icon_tong
    How about this: Wing Chun has a pivot in one of the forms that can be with enough machiavellism interpreted as a "hook punch", not to be confused with a "hook" as done in boxing.

Tomas
    Current stage of death: denial
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast