Page 1 of 10 12345 ... Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

supplementing WC

With the understanding that learning a stand up fighting technique while ignoring ground work isn't sufficient I am wondering what to supplement wing chun with. Only problem is that I don't know if I'll be able to pay for additional classes, so I might be looking at book or video learning unfortunately. I do have a friend who I can practice with, so I won't be just watching the video and attempting to simulate what I see with an "air dummy." Any suggestions?

Michael

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wanna learn groundwork + don't have money = judo

Tomas
    Current stage of death: denial

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since you have a few posts, I'm sure that you realise people will tell you to go study bjj or judo, or just roll with friends if you REALLY REALLY can't afford it...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    judo, as there are many great books out there on it
    i would recommened "Osaekomi Judo Masterclass Techniques - Katsuhiko Kashiwazaki" which i am reading at the moment.

lots of great groundwork in it.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction. Join us... or die
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bjjjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's too many j's. Start off with bj and work your way up.
    "It does not matter who the master is. It does not matter what the face looks like. The masters are of the Qimen school of qigong/meditation which is related to Zen. The master wears white robes, and the predecessor master wears bright gold robes. The qimen school travels the univers and is not restricted to what paradise they live in. It has many masters" -Serious Harm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If and when you start training in BJJ or Judo, you'll end up realizing how futile the _ing _un is and quit anyway. Just save yourself the trouble and quit now.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    If and when you start training in BJJ or Judo, you'll end up realizing how futile the _ing _un is and quit anyway. Just save yourself the trouble and quit now.
    Boring.
    "It does not matter who the master is. It does not matter what the face looks like. The masters are of the Qimen school of qigong/meditation which is related to Zen. The master wears white robes, and the predecessor master wears bright gold robes. The qimen school travels the univers and is not restricted to what paradise they live in. It has many masters" -Serious Harm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    Maybe. Maybe not. Either way my wife is in the class and is enjoying it, so I have no plans on bailing out. I plan to give it at least a year before I make a decision.

I did figure I'd get lots of BJJ replies. I just wasn't sure if it was something that could be learned without the aid of a regular class session.

Thanks, all.

Michael

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you interested in learning submissions? Learning basic positional hierarchies and control?

Do you want more of an emphasis on grappling or ground fighting?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... Last