Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2005 8:18am

Style: Kung fu, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

It spreads...

It appears south Louisiana now has access to the deadly Tu Kong Mu Sul...

http://www.peaceeaglema.com/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2005 9:36am

Style: The Jits & Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's up with all the crap fu in the Northwest?? Temple Kung Fu, Tukong, etc...WTF? Is it easier to set up shop there or something?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2005 10:44am

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hedge and others - yes the infamous Master Yi has a school here in Austin, near 183 and Mopac I believe.

Hilariously enough i've had people inquire about him on my site (TXMMA). Probably the best claim made by Yi and his students in the past few years - In case you didnt know, Master Yi has won the K-1 championship. Yep. They dont allow him back because he is too deadly and hurts the other competitors.

Also the comment was that the Tukong school here in austin is very cult like in the behavior of its members and their efforts to bring friends/family in the fold.

I would be surprised if you needed more than a jab and some footwork to set up your single/double under the jab, with these guys.

rawr

Posted On:
    4/07/2005 10:55am

supporting member
     Style: Mushin Dao, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ah, I was wondering why that name sounded so familiar. Austin is just a gathering ground for freaks of all types.
    I think it was two ninjas taped together, to make one GIANT NINJA!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2005 2:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't speak for all the Tukgong guys... but Inki Kim was/is a hard ass. His schools were hardcore, which is one of the reasons they failed, he could not keep students - too tough.

The stuff about master Yi and the cult sounds right (don't really know, never met him or his students) but I do know that he worked together with Won Kim the head of Jungyae Moosul: www.jungyae.com You can also do a search on this site for Jungyae Moosul and see my past with them.

Won Kim, Inki Kim and Wonik Yi all worked together on their martial systems while they lived in Texas, before Won Kim and Inki Kim moved to the Seattle, WA area. Higgins, who is in the 1st post article, was also a part of that. Higgins tends to be a blow hard who actually at one point claimed that Tukong (as he teaches it) deals with meditation down to the... I believe his exact words were: "down to the atomic level" !!

Not sure about YI... Inki Kim was not into the ground fighting at all... he was a stand up fighter... considered going to the ground to be a case where you bite and claw till you can get back up. Won Kim had some jujitsu stuff in his curriculum for a while, most of which was solid but nothing great, but he has since taken it out... he even told me once that people did not like it and I just did not understand what he was trying to do. He is now doing regular Tae Kwon Do tournaments :)

The other guy mentioned above (Louisiana Tukong guy) I have no clue about... he might actually come from the Korean group?
    Last edited by ex_jungyae; 4/07/2005 4:30pm at .

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    4/07/2005 5:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

t00-d34dly-Do

So far, there is really nothing that I haven't seen or heard before. The entire "how to break somebody's knees” is really not unique to there art. Actually, it must be found in the basics of just about any art out there. If anything they have become the Krav-maga of the orient. Hooray for them!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2005 9:41pm

Style: mine

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW i remember one these guys telling me how to kill a guy with a t-shirt...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2005 11:30am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I recall correctly, The DC tukong school used to give you black belts in hapkido, TKD, and Judo (possibly kumdo/kendo as well, but I'm not sure of that one) as you progressed through the Tukong curriculum. I think the theory was that tukong encompassed all of those arts so you could get rank in them. I think they still do this.

Jon

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    4/08/2005 4:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjon
    If I recall correctly, The DC tukong school used to give you black belts in hapkido, TKD, and Judo (possibly kumdo/kendo as well, but I'm not sure of that one) as you progressed through the Tukong curriculum. I think the theory was that tukong encompassed all of those arts so you could get rank in them. I think they still do this.

Jon

Wow! Reall?.Do other Korean groups accept this sort of thing?Korean martial arts groups in the U.S are rimmed regularly on this site for there corrolation with McDojo's.HAhaHHAHAHA!

But ,I'm sure that the Martial arts groups in Korea are more serious about awarding a person with a Black Belt then anywhere else on this planet.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 5:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tukong Moosul

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go watch a class.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast