Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 12:38pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sumimasen
    Are you saying that the years, decades even, of study should be summed up in something so fleeting as winning a competition?
    Yes. Learning to fight should be about learning to fight. It's your family's job to socialize you, not you martial arts school's.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 12:58pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1 year, 6 months ( more or less) I am surprised how long it is taking some people to show up and defend their style. I remember instances where we had defenders show up within a 24 hr. period, but lately most defenders are showing up to a thread that has been dead for months or even years.

Anyways welcome! We would all highly enjoy some video or your sparring sessions. If they are run as you say they are then not only would you gain instant respect, but you would also shut up all the nay sayers in this forum.

I look forward to viewing your video clips.

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 1:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I respectfully disagree that the statements are self-aggrandizing. They are, quite simply, statements of fact to be judged in any way each individual deems proper. Please take them in context, as it is easy to make something look negative when seperated from the words or events that surround them. Newspapers and gossip columnists do this all the time.

Also, I only make mention of these facts because it seems that others, who do not know me beyond the words of others who do not know me, have made inaccurate assumptions.
    If the purpose of this site is to simply poke fun at people who are unaware that they are being poked fun at, then I will no longer interfere with the fun. If there is a sincere interest in looking into the many different opinions and perspectives of our mutual involvment in the martial arts, I will continue to address questions and concerns.

I judge my teaching by the growth of my students. The quality of their lives as well as their martial skills. Many of my students have gone on to do wonderful things with their lives both inside and outside of the martial arts. I am pleased to be a small part of their growth!

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 1:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will attempt to load some video. I am not very adept at such things, so helpful direction would be appreciated.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 5:55pm

Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sumimasen
    Advanced adult students of our system do indeed spar without protective equipment. They are allowed to wear groin protection. However, they have spent a great deal of time training in their system, therefore injuries are relatively few. The fights usually last about fifteen seconds until submission.

“Our adult advanced ranked students spar using no protective equipment and hair pulling, eye gauging, chokes, joint locks, and strikes to the groin are encouraged.”

Sorry but as I stated earlier in the thread I live in Arizona, in fact I just recently moved to Scottsdale and there’s no way in hell that the typical Scottsdale resident is doing any kind of sparring that contains “hair pulling, eye gouging, etc.”. What kind of “sparring“ lasts only fifteen seconds anyway? I would suspect that the reasons that “injuries are relatively few” is because your interpretation of sparring is quite a bit different from what most people who post here would consider to be real sparring.

Also as a school owner myself (Submission Grappling) I want to know how you are able to get any kind of insurance coverage when you inform them that you “spar without protective equipment” and that ““hair pulling, eye gouging, and strikes to the groin are encouraged”.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 6:02pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would someone please help this guy load video up for our viewing pleasure.

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 6:09pm

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Osensei is Oshithead! That is the most BS I've seen in a long time.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123