Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2005 1:39pm

Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I live in Arizona and I have never heard of this school but given their location (Scottsdale) I seriously doubt that they are doing any sparring that entails “hair pulling, eye gauging, chokes, joint locks, and strikes to the groin”. Scottsdale is the “rich” section of Arizona with many large million dollar homes; needless to say it is not exactly a high crime area. The price ($140 a month) is, for Arizona, quite high but given their location I’m sure that their cliental pulling in driving their BMW’s, Mercedes, and Hummers’ don’t think twice about it.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    4/08/2005 10:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, it's not only a McDojo.iT's also exclusive to the rich.Just the typical place that yuppies may send there spoiled brats to learn how to hurt there classmates at school.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldust
    tmany large million dollar homes; needless to say it is not exactly a high crime area. The price ($140 a month) is, for Arizona, quite high but given their location I’m sure that their cliental pulling in driving their BMW’s, Mercedes, and Hummers’ don’t think twice about it.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    4/09/2005 12:09am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The real Osensei would have broken his face in two.

Before he went all soft and only broke joints, that is.

PL

Posted On:
    4/09/2005 5:12am

Style: Knife-jitsu o=]==>

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop-Loops
    The real Osensei would have broken his face in two.

Before he went all soft and only broke joints, that is.

PL
    These people know no end. I guess Osensei is the new Soke.
    Last edited by Reikon; 4/09/2005 5:22am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2005 10:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so is it me or are all the pictures of him have him sparring small children or women?

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/09/2005 12:04pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bwhahahahahah.... White Tiger...the other white meat...bwahahahahahaha....

Posted On:
    10/05/2006 5:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So many misunderstandings, so little time. I will address a few...

My position on sport application of martial arts has nothing to do with a lack of practicality, but rather with the type of person it seems to produce. I have met far too many fighters, great fighters, who care little for the social etiquette and self discipline that used to accompany training in the martial way. As a teacher, I have always tried to instill a sense of self esteem simultaneous to any increase in self confidence. You should not just know how to fight, but also whether or not you feel the need to.

As the teacher of teachers within a system, which I created, the term "major teacher" or Osensei is appropriate. Some people tend to romanticize the application of Japanese language within the martial arts. I am sorry if this offends you. I use the term not because of an inflated veiw of my self or my abilities compared to others, but simply as a matter of fact. If I drove a truck, I would call myself "truck driver".

Advanced adult students of our system do indeed spar without protective equipment. They are allowed to wear groin protection. However, they have spent a great deal of time training in their system, therefore injuries are relatively few. The fights usually last about fifteen seconds until submission.

Some people have noted that starting one's own system after only 12 years of training is errant. However, I believe that repititions of movement are more important than years spent training. I have averaged 20-30 hours per week of training throughout the 26 years that I have been involved in the martial arts. I also believe that some individuals are better able to understand the systems they are studying (in a shorter amount of time) than others. History agrees with me, as many quality systems (including yours, possibly) were founded by people with less than 10 years of training.

I am a humble man, truly. I feel blessed to have known many quality people through my involvment in the martial arts and I look forward to meeting many more. I hope to never offend others, but sometimes I inadvertently may. I hope I have not offended any of you!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2006 8:14pm

Style: None. Again.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sumimasen
    I have met far too many fighters, great fighters, who care little for the social etiquette and self discipline that used to accompany training in the martial way.
    Maybe that's because they care more about winning than they care about some dumbass traditions. Can't say I blame them.

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 11:56am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you saying that the years, decades even, of study should be summed up in something so fleeting as winning a competition? I find that sad. Mental, emotional, and spiritual strength and understanding should accompany our physical training, lest we arrive as a wrinkled and weakened old man with nothing more to show of our lives than some tin, which grows dusty on a wall or trophy case.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 12:19pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are really the head instructor welcome. Prepare for a really telling and questioning time.
    Prepared to be insulted and called to task for your assertions. People will ask for proof.

We also have many Japanese speakers who, will correct your use of the Japanese language and history of Martial terms.

Unfortunately, I'm not one of them but, they will appear.

Quote Originally Posted by sumimasen
    I am a humble man, truly.
    Really?

My position on sport application of martial arts has nothing to do with a lack of practicality, but rather with the type of person it seems to produce.
    I have averaged 20-30 hours per week of training throughout the 26 years that I have been involved in the martial arts.
    As the teacher of teachers within a system, which I created, the term "major teacher" or Osensei is appropriate.
    History agrees with me, as many quality systems (including yours, possibly) were founded by people with less than 10 years of training.
    These statements a very self-aggrandizing, not words from a humble person.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/06/2006 12:25pm at .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast