Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2005 6:05am

Style: Wing Chun,Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I must agree that headbutts can be very,the most effective way to deliver on that i know of is the old time favourite if you get grabbed from behind and especially if you get picked up for a throw down lean forward and either you he drops you or you let it rip with your whole body smashing for the nose with the back of your head.Favourite strike dont know if it counts as a combo but you strike with a normal left or right hook/jab and as soon as you connect you step in and swing through with your elbow of the same hand.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    4/10/2005 9:39am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    Like someone would be trying to fly at you from long range with a headbutt...

<3 headbutts
    If they do Capoeira, they just might try ;) It's an actual technique.

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    4/10/2005 12:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gonna have to agree with the headbutt fight opener. Here is my favorite pre-fight combo:

Hold hands up to the sides of the head palms facing the opponent that looks very defensive and non-confrontational. Get close with your opponent to limit his striking/haymaker abilities. This works great for the chest bumping assholes. Next, if the fight is on it's best to act first by grabing the guys head in a quasi thai clinch and drop the head butt BAM! Now you can either keep a grip with one hand dropping the elbow with the other and then knees with a thai grip. My favorite is just headbutt straight to skip knees to either a throw or some dirty boxing Couture style.

Mid Fight combos:

1. Feint with R. Cross then throw left hook, right cross, left hook
    2. Double jab then step into overhand right
    3. After throwing #2 at least twice throw double jab step in and as they raise their hands to defend the overhand I close the distance and secure a high body lock , then throw.

That being said I also have to agree with the no set patterns for combos. I use the above becuase I'm not the greatest striker in the world and they work for me as I still think in terms of combos. However the idea is that once you learn combos you can disregard them and flow with punches depending on what you see open.

:mblah05:

Edit: Also, jab jab jab jab double jab, jab some more and then jab. Keep your opponent constantly defending your jab so it limits his ability to set up combos and it sets up your ability to use combos. I don't do this nearly enough.
    Last edited by Red Elvis; 4/10/2005 12:57pm at .
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/11/2005 2:56am

supporting member
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At long range i like (left foot forward): jab -> cross -> left roundhouse kick

At mid range i like: jab -> left hook -> cross

At short range i like: right hook -> left knee

Posted On:
    4/11/2005 6:53am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I must agree that headbutts can be very,the most effective way to deliver on that i know of is the old time favourite if you get grabbed from behind and especially if you get picked up for a throw down lean forward and either you he drops you or you let it rip with your whole body smashing for the nose with the back of your head.Favourite strike dont know if it counts as a combo but you strike with a normal left or right hook/jab and as soon as you connect you step in and swing through with your elbow of the same hand.
    ah, the real (?)ing(?)un
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2005 10:07am

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good thread. I was just discussing some combo's to work on with my sparring partner.

I've got a strong close fighting game, but my partner likes to run away, so I don't get to box that much.

Current ones I'm training, from a right handed fighting stance:

Lead leg front kick followed with a cross.

Jab Jab Cross Right Roundhouse

Jab Left Hook Cross

Leg check followed by right hook.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2005 11:37pm

Style: JeetKuneDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Just a little thing...

Hmm.....sorry to slant the topic a bit.Im a relatively young JKD dude and with good stability yet by staying on the balls of your feet (ya need to be quick) I find this "combo" useful thought mostly as a counter for a jab-cross: With hands up (hopefully)after you parry the cross push-shuffle in with a low cross to the solar plexus (you can start with a jab if you think you can make it) keeping your head down get your opponents back by sliding your rear foot up to your lead and your lead out and around your opponent while nearly simultaneously delivering a lead hook and then finish off with a powerful cross by sliding your rear foot back with the motion.I train this combo alot to give work on my mobility (I can freeze up) .Sounds complicated but I think most will get it.Useful on slow guys.All this can usally be accomplished in all of about 2 seconds or less.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    4/12/2005 10:39am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My favorite combo

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    4/12/2005 10:51am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...hungry now...

I'm gonna have to go throw a combo at the snack machine and try to give my hunger an 8 count.
  10. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    4/12/2005 11:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast