Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    4/06/2005 5:20pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That style is pre-UFC from an obscure discipline called Ghetto-Fu. As with most styles my first experience was 1st hand in jr high school. This kungfu was stronger than my kungfu.

After years of carring buckets of water up stairs using on my teeth, dodging shurikens, and burning the images of a tiger and dragon into my forearm I finally mastered the technique.

Over the years I refined the style and technique. Its influence is everywhere. You see it in on the playground, in the parking lot, and most recently in the UFC. You will see my technique used by champions like Randy Couture, he has modified the lapel grab to hooking the neck for obvious reasons.

But never discount the effectiveness of Ghetto-Fu, and the Hockey Punch Combo technique.

Safe For Work

Posted On:
    4/06/2005 5:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Shaolin Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    After years of carring buckets of water up stairs using on my teeth, dodging shurikens, and burning the images of a tiger and dragon into my forearm I finally mastered the technique.

Over the years I refined the style and technique. Its influence is everywhere. You see it in on the playground, in the parking lot, and most recently in the UFC. You will see my technique used by champions like Randy Couture, he has modified the lapel grab to hooking the neck for obvious reasons.

But never discount the effectiveness of Ghetto-Fu, and the Hockey Punch Combo technique.
    Wait a minute...You've got the tiger AND the dragon?! I will no longer doubt your Ghetto Fu. Are you taking any more disciples right now?
    Jaguar's MMA record
    pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
    post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
    - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    4/06/2005 5:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went all the way. Not only do I have a tiger and dragon on my forearms, I have a tat of the yin/yang symbol on the back of my hand. It draws away from my mullet and really creates the look of bad-ass that I am going for.

Sadly, no students at this time. I am working on a RBSD video series that isn't allowing me to teach. But be sure to watch UFC 52 and mimic Couture's use of the punching combo I described.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2005 6:27am

Style: Cross Traiing/MMA/RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Headbutt, elbow, knees.....seriously.

They get in your face. You reach up behind thier head and slam a headbutt, keep control with one hand and elbow them with the other. Easy to grab behind the head again and start slamming knees home as they reel backwards from the suprise attack.

(that's the close range one, the good distance attacks were mostly covered)
    Oh dear!

Hearbut is not a good opener unless its the very begining of the fight or there on the ground.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2005 6:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jab - Cross I teach as a combo as its a string of punches that are simple and effective more so as it leaves you not over commited which is nice.

Its a staple bread and butter technique that does not open up a big margin of error.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2005 7:29am

Style: Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These are my favourite leg ones. There are many far better hand ones, but I do TSD so I like kicking :P

Low Roundhouse faint, Roundhouse to head. Both kicks with the front leg, not putting it down.

Back kick to mid section, followed by roundhouse to head with the other (rear) leg. If you keep the spin going from the back kick this can work quite nicely I think. I did it in the UK throwdown and it caught someone. Might even be on Grant's highlight reel.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    4/07/2005 9:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonshu
    Oh dear!

Hearbut is not a good opener unless its the very begining of the fight or there on the ground.
    Headbutting is a great opener from any position at any time. You must not have read that it was for close range. Like someone would be trying to fly at you from long range with a headbutt...

<3 headbutts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2005 10:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Headbutting is a great opener from any position at any time. You must not have read that it was for close range. Like someone would be trying to fly at you from long range with a headbutt...

<3 headbutts
    Great in mount yes, but its only an opener and assuming your close enough to do it. If you are close enough then an elbow is a safer option and less margin of error.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    4/07/2005 8:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The last fight I had I opened with a headbutt. I was not in mount.

It was owny because I busted his tooth out. It was not so owny when I got home and had to pull part of that tooth from my skull.

Headbutt > elbow a lot of times. Speed of delivery while still assuming a non-aggressive stance with your hands down always allows you to keep the initiave. Bringing the elbow up and over is telling the other guy the fight is on. But its fairly clear you didnt read any of my previous posts about the combo itself.

Posted On:
    4/08/2005 12:51pm

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know about the best, but I like:
    various jab-hook combos
    roundhouse- opposite straight arm
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast