Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2002 3:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    America has always been hostile towards the chinese and people of the east. When the chinese could finally make their way in from the east and settle in America they had to find some means of income. Martial arts became a major franchise in the pockets of the asians claiming to teach people how to become a warrior through the expert guidance of a master from the mysterious east. This infusion of east and west turned martial arts into a lucrative enterprise, influencing many aspects of american life and finding a permanant place in hollywood.

So what if westeners (Americans) get taken for millions of dollars each year trying to learn so-called proven self-defense techniques that might get them killed. It's all retribution for years of neglect by the people of the west, and all of you have just started to catch on.

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    8/08/2002 4:44pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm... reparations by the current generation because of what happened to the one before. You're on the wrong forum to be posting that kind of crap. Making money by teaching crap and telling lies is still wrong, and fraud. And who the hell made you a "Master" anyway? Anyone can make money anyhow they want, as long as its morally acceptable. I suppose I should get billions from the U.K. because my ancestors were enslaved by the English? Or, that Italy should pay restitution for Roman slaves? Or that all democracies should? Go troll somewhere else, idiot.

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2002 6:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On a long enough time line it is justified. Could you point to a forum better suited for this discussion?

By the way, what is morally acceptable?

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/08/2002 6:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But Asians themselves and blacks and so on are also victimized by Mcdojo's, so your arguement is baseless.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2002 6:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well sure.

Nowadays americans have taken over. Same rules apply. Same game different face.

I've always been suspect of american instructors.

Either way when it comes down to it, it's all about the money.

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    8/08/2002 6:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm... standard America sucks, because I say so arguement. That, and the standard this amout of time bla bla I want restitution NOW for what your ancestors may or may not have done to mine bla bla bla I'm blaming the establishemnt stuff.

"Either way when it comes down to it, it's all about the money" - Seems you hit the nail right on the head. Greedy People will think of ANY excuse to get pity, "restitution", or money. Defending "McDojo's", while you have every right to do so, is ridiculous. Your logic has all the substance of the air in your head, and the whole "'white man' did this so screw him I'll take his money" thing has been worn out. Welcome to 2002, "Master". I'm "white", but have I done anything to you, or your race? No. I'm american, but have I done anything to you, or your race? No. Even if every member of my family had personally done things to you and or your race, I'm not responsible to you at all. And, just so you know, they were digging in coal mines, in Appalachia, in some of the worst poverty in the United States. The "man" is basically large corporations that are corrupt, greedy, and power hungry. Or, a big version of you.

Now might be a good time to say that I'm not a nihilist, "Nihilanth" is where I got my nick from... he's the end boss in Half-Life. Geeky, yes?

Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/08/2002 7:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, it's all about the money.

Tell that to the 19 year old female TKD "black belt" who attempts to use her McDojo-taught art to defend herself against a would be rapist. She was sold a lie that her skills would be able to keep her safe, and so she shelled out money month after month for dues and testing fees, when in reality, the only person to benefit from her involvement in TKD was her instructor, by way of the extra income.

If you say there's nothing wrong with McDojos, then I say **** you, you slimy piece of ****. You deserve to be ass-raped with a splintered broom stick once for each person who got sold a line of bullshit by a McDojo and was let down by their "training" when they were put in a dangerous situation.

How's that for an opinion on the subject?

And as far as America always being hostile to the Chinese, that's just the icing on the bullshit cake. Nobody I know in the Martial Arts community has any issues with Chinese people, or any other group of Asians. Do you realize how asinine that statement sounds on a website that wouldn't even exist without the influence of Asian martial arts on the united states? Go back to watching "Once Upon a Time in China" and please leave discussions on cultural sociology and history to people that actually have an education.

Racism is not a justifcation for anything.

Most McDojo instructors should be selling used cars and not ineffective self defense techniques. At least then, people would be a bit more skeptical when dealing with a shady salesman.

We're here to raise the level of public education about ineffective/fradulent martial arts instructors and schools, worldwide. If you don't like it, tough **** cowboy.

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    8/08/2002 7:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You were a lot more rough than I was O_o

But what the Admin says, goes.

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    8/08/2002 9:16pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Master is a pretty worthless piece of ****. I'd love to slap his fukking face for him. I almost cant even believe he's serious. If he is hes a total ignorant schmuck with the morals of a scumbag.

"Migo is such a nerdy, panzy ass, ****** mutherfukker." -Every member of the ADCC Forum(at one time or another).
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2002 9:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First paragraph is an interesting theory. Second one is a pile of crap.

-----
    Traditional Martial Artist. As in I don't expect to fight in cages where I can't just poke them in the eye and rip their throat out.
    Mixed Martial Artist. As in I study more than one style and mix them together.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast