221937 Bullies, 4313 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 281 to 290 of 292
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192526272829 30 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Grant is offline

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    1,172

    Posted On:
    8/19/2005 8:40am

    supporting member
     Style: MT, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cod3r
    OK, let's run with this.

    (Grant is soundly asleep)
    Grant: ding!
    Shihan: Hello?
    Grant: Me's been told youre capable of teh amazing ki-blast! Let's see it then, right here on camera!
    Shihan: Oh you little... I will Ki-blast you to smithereens! ZAP!
    Grant: Nyah, nothing happened! Impostor!
    Shihan: *sob*

    Grant: what the.... (wakes up) oh time to get up, long drive today.

    (later that day)
    Grant: ding!
    Shihan: Hello?
    Grant: Me's been told youre capable of teh amazing ki-blast! Let's see it then, right here on camera!
    Shihan: Beat it, kid, before I call the police.
    Grant: Er, okay.


    - cod3r
    Cute dialogue.

    If your Shihan is capable of such an impressive feat, he should be able to prove it on camera. :sad3:

    Tell me, does he even exist?
  2. cod3r is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    81

    Posted On:
    8/19/2005 9:11am


     Style: Muay Thai/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    Cute dialogue.
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    If your Shihan is capable of such an impressive feat, he should be able to prove it on camera. :sad3:
    Damn right. He should also go and claim the Randi prize, release a video on bullshido and help the Met with training on paralysing random people rather than blowing their heads off.

    We can continue this, but I don't think any of it will happen anytime soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    Tell me, does he even exist?
    Not bad for baiting, I almost fell for it. Almost....

    I think if you go back and read my posts I don't come across as messing around. That's because I am not in fact messing around.

    I have given a lot of evidence pointing to who it is. Putting 2+2 together with some googling should narrow it down to 3-4 people, if not fewer.

    I do *not* support the claim that the Shihan can perform Ki-blasts. I just observed that *he* appears to claim that he does, and demonstrated them in front of everyone in the class.

    I was more surprised than anyone here to witness such a demonstration, and just as sceptical that it involved energy or forces hitherto unknown to science.

    In other words, arguing with me about the impossibility of Ki blasts is preaching to the converted.


    - cod3r
  3. DCS is offline
    DCS's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,037

    Posted On:
    8/19/2005 10:12am

    Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cod3r
    ....
    I have given a lot of evidence pointing to who it is. Putting 2+2 together with some googling should narrow it down to 3-4 people, if not fewer.
    ....
    Well, the 8th dan Shihan seems to be not very famous in UK.

    Its a bit strange since 8th dan are "rara avis".

    http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showth...292#post115292
  4. Grant is offline

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    1,172

    Posted On:
    8/19/2005 10:56am

    supporting member
     Style: MT, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why are you trying to protect this guy if you are "converted"? If the guy is claiming he can use ki to neutralize somebody from 15 feet then that is bullshido. That needs to be fought.
  5. cod3r is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    81

    Posted On:
    8/19/2005 11:57am


     Style: Muay Thai/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    Why are you trying to protect this guy if you are "converted"? If the guy is claiming he can use ki to neutralize somebody from 15 feet then that is bullshido. That needs to be fought.
    I don't personally know or train with Shihan. Thus I am not trying to protect him.

    However, my Sensei seems to respect him a lot, and I respect my Sensei who I believe is a very good teacher of Aikido. I imagine if I came across as disrespecting Shihan, that includes posting inflammatory material on a forum of many respected martial artists (but not restricted to those), next time I get to class I'd be :f-off:

    I can still be sceptical, though.

    Now it surprised me that no-one has heard of anything similar, because this demo wasn't secret: not in his back garden or anything. It was a demonstration in a class with ~100 students, including many low kyu grades, even white belts.

    Not the crowd that would instantly get up and challenge him to a throwdown, admittedly, but surely it would have raised some eyebrows.

    So I'd have expected something like this to be fairly well known.

    (BTW, DCS, not bad. Close, but the name hasn't come up yet.)

    So I did a small search of my own. Surely enough, I'm not the one claiming such extraordinary feats. There are similar instances elsewhere on the web

    NOTE! similar =/= same!

    Such as,

    http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/archiv...php/t-190.html

    DCS & Grant, you seem to be in the <<respected martial artists>> group. I look forward to hearing your views.


    - cod3r
  6. Grant is offline

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    1,172

    Posted On:
    8/19/2005 12:12pm

    supporting member
     Style: MT, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would it be disrespectful of your Shihan to provide us with a name?
  7. cod3r is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    81

    Posted On:
    8/19/2005 12:15pm


     Style: Muay Thai/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    Would it be disrespectful of your Shihan to provide us with a name?
    No, but if a ****-storm occurred that would be pretty disrespectful.

    Thankfully this seems to have been averted so far.

    Thanks.


    - cod3r
  8. gcarson is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nanaimo, BC
    Posts
    168

    Posted On:
    8/20/2005 11:40pm


     Style: Byakuren Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your Shihan is self appointed.....that makes him BULLSHIDO!

    Take a boo around and all you get is guys who are self graded from within their own organizations (or in other words they are FRAUDS).

    You wanna belong to that and are worried about offending him?

    What did you post originally for? First you claimed he could do it, now you claim that you don't believe....of course you use the classic cop-out of 'hiding' the identity of the person in question.
  9. cod3r is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    81

    Posted On:
    8/21/2005 6:17am


     Style: Muay Thai/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gcarson
    Your Shihan is self appointed.....that makes him BULLSHIDO!
    I don't want to get into politics, but the Shihan in question train with Kenshiro Abbe Sensei and Nakazono Sensei in the 60's, and I believe has had his first Dan signed by Mr. Morihei Ueshiba himself. To my knowledge he has been training and teaching ever since.

    He also seems to be highly regarded within the British Aikido Board.

    Now I am not familiar with the politics of organisations and gradings, but I'd shut up and listen even if the person in question only had a white belt. Of course, I would then make my own mind up. I would not however be so quick to dismiss.

    Quote Originally Posted by gcarson
    What did you post originally for? First you claimed he could do it, now you claim that you don't believe.....
    Why not instead, go and read my original post? I responded to a post which supported the argument that "Ki" is generally accepted to be current physics.

    My counter argument was that I have SEEN highly ranked people performing feats outside the current body of scientific knowledge. My original post contained the phrase "make of it what you will", which I was hoping would indicate that I do not necessarily believe it myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by gcarson
    of course you use the classic cop-out of 'hiding' the identity of the person in question.
    Also: I have still not posted the name of my Shihan, for reasons already mentioned. Although I have given enough evidence so no-one claims it is an imaginary person. And UK aikidokas should be able to narrow it down enough.

    - cod3r
    Last edited by cod3r; 8/21/2005 11:34am at .
  10. DCS is offline
    DCS's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,037

    Posted On:
    8/21/2005 4:41pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me guess?


    Aikido Fellowship

    History
    The Aikido Fellowship was founded over 40 years ago by its Principal Coach, Ralph Reynolds. The Headquarters of this organisation is in the heart of Birmingham, at the Birmingham Sports Centre. Ralph Reynolds has been practising Aikido since the 1950's, having studied under both Mr. Abbe and Mr. Nakazono of the Japanese Aikikai. Being one of only twelve original Dan grades in the United Kingdom to receive a certificate from Morihei Ueshiba himself, Ralph Reynolds was the pioneer of Aikido in the Midlands.


    Style
    The style of Aikido practised by the Aikido Fellowship is purely Traditional. A variety of classes are offered from beginner to advanced with specialist weapons classes and courses. All Instructors / Coaches have undertaken teacher training courses to ensure maintaining a high standard of coaching.
    http://www.bab.org.uk/associations/a...ellowship.html

    http://www.aikidofellowship.org.uk/Home/Home.htm
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192526272829 30 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.