223861 Bullies, 3837 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 261 to 270 of 292
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627 282930 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. cod3r is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    81

    Posted On:
    8/17/2005 8:30am


     Style: Muay Thai/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    Make of it what you will. Okay, you don't practice Muay thai and you don't practice Aikido you lying ****. Take it out of style profile.

    Any form of Chi blasting from 15 feet away is bullshit, so unless you're being sarcastic you're on the wrong board.

    OMFG I've been Omegafied!!!! :notworthy


    I am indeed practicing both. Not for very long - roughly a year each. I witnessed the chi blasting about a month ago. At the time I also didn't think that anyone would seriously support the argument for chi-blasts. Apparently I was wrong.

    Have you ever been in the presence of someone demonstrating chi-blasting in the flesh? Quite an experience let me tell you. Stunning. Either because that person is unthinkably capable *or* well.

    Also my Muay Thai instructor uses KI. FACT! He knees someone and I can feel it across the fucking room.

    - cod3r

    EDIT: And FFS why would I coin MT and Aikido of all things? MT and BJJ, yes, but who would think of MT and Aikido? :)
    Last edited by cod3r; 8/17/2005 8:35am at .
  2. DCS is offline
    DCS's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,036

    Posted On:
    8/17/2005 10:02am

    Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cod3r
    I'd like to, but I doubt anything constructive will come out of the inevitable ****-storm that will follow.
    I think revealing Shihan's name, even if a ****-storm starts, will be very constructive.

    If he's the real deal, he has nothing to be afraid of, especially about what some angry teenagers/mma wanabees/tatooed e-badasses :headbang: can write in an internet forum.

    Of course you can PM me his name but, of course, i can ask about UK 8th dan grades in aikiweb, aikidojournal, e-budo, some friends i have in UK, and bullshido members in UK. You choose.

    Quote Originally Posted by cod3r
    There are ranked people who believe that it is some kind of life energy or force, not one related to electromagnetism, gravity or other particulate forces. It can be used to, for instance, floor someone 15 ft away.

    The Shihan I saw demonstrating the technique is one of the first people to practice and teach here in the UK in the 60's. By saying this I am not making a claim of validity; but this person did not make himself a grandmaster yesterday. I believe he is well known/respected within the (not very large) UK Aikido community.
    There are ranked people who believe in very weird things, MA skills are one thing and faith in amazing/bizarre/unusual beliefs is another.

    In any case, it was a recognizable Aikido technique or it was a "ki blast"?

    Regards.
  3. cod3r is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    81

    Posted On:
    8/17/2005 11:22am


     Style: Muay Thai/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS
    I think revealing Shihan's name, even if a ****-storm starts, will be very constructive.

    If he's the real deal, he has nothing to be afraid of, especially about what some angry teenagers/mma wanabees/tatooed e-badasses :headbang: can write in an internet forum.

    Of course you can PM me his name but, of course, i can ask about UK 8th dan grades in aikiweb, aikidojournal, e-budo, some friends i have in UK, and bullshido members in UK. You choose.
    He's got nothing to be afraid of, however I don't want to get in **** with my sensei. I don't think there are many people that train both MT and Aikido in the UK. However as I said the community is not large. You should be able to find out easily enough. I believe he was a student of the very first sensei who came to the UK to teach Aikido.

    Also it's a bit beside the point, which was that some highly ranked people believe in Ki as something outside the current scientific knowledge.

    Quote Originally Posted by DCS
    There are ranked people who believe in very weird things, MA skills are one thing and faith in amazing/bizarre/unusual beliefs is another.

    In any case, it was a recognizable Aikido technique or it was a "ki blast"?
    No aikido technique that I know of for certain. To begin with Shihan and the other person were separated by 15 ft of thin air.

    I didn't see any power-up or anything; difficult to describe in words. The Shihan somewhat calmly, quickly but not very suddenly pointed an open palm towards the other person. I don't think he (edit: i.e, the other person) was making any effort to attack. The other person dropped directly on the spot, he didn't roll or fly across the room.

    I'll go on the record to say my personal take was some sort of suggestion and reflex conditioning. Still, there you go. In front of my very eyes.


    - cod3r
  4. cod3r is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    81

    Posted On:
    8/17/2005 11:35am


     Style: Muay Thai/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also may I point out, before you all start (you know who you are), that my Aikido training does not include, to this date at least, flooring people 15 ft away.

    Just thought I'd make this clear.

    Thanks!

    - cod3r

    PS. no it does not include sparring either and don't start on that either as I've heard (read) it all before. Much as I lament the lack of resistant training, it's not my dojo. Still, I take it out on my MT class.
  5. Grant is offline

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    1,172

    Posted On:
    8/17/2005 1:42pm

    supporting member
     Style: MT, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where in the UK is this guy? I'll make the journey with a camera.

    PM me or something.
  6. JohnnyCache is offline
    JohnnyCache's Avatar

    All Out of Bubblegum

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,471

    Posted On:
    8/17/2005 2:32pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, how about a little test to see if he can chi-zap a stranger?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
  7. Grant is offline

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    1,172

    Posted On:
    8/17/2005 2:41pm

    supporting member
     Style: MT, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Yeah, how about a little test to see if he can chi-zap a stranger?
    This is what I had in mind.
  8. Qidori is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6

    Posted On:
    8/17/2005 7:31pm


     Style: Kickboxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anybody witnessed the aikido technique in which the Uke is thrown without being touched? That is a valid aikido technique that is said to involve chi, but only as a way of describing the movement. It's like, the Uke is attacking, and suddenly the Nage swiftly moves and the Uke falls on his face (or rolls, like any respectable aikido student would do). My point is that chi in aikido is all about motion and response, as well as predicting how an Uke will move, not about hitting people 15 feet away with your energy.

    By the way, to avoid confusion, this 'touchless' throw is done within the normal range of an aikido attack, to the point where one may accidentally touch the Uke. It's widely regarded as a useless technique (the application is incredibly difficult, you might as well use a 'touching' technique), but it is more of a demonstation of your abilities to 'sense' chi (predict movement), rather than apply your own.
  9. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,964

    Posted On:
    8/18/2005 1:40am

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cod3r
    OMFG I've been Omegafied!!!! :notworthy


    I am indeed practicing both. Not for very long - roughly a year each. I witnessed the chi blasting about a month ago. At the time I also didn't think that anyone would seriously support the argument for chi-blasts. Apparently I was wrong.

    Have you ever been in the presence of someone demonstrating chi-blasting in the flesh? Quite an experience let me tell you. Stunning. Either because that person is unthinkably capable *or* well.

    Also my Muay Thai instructor uses KI. FACT! He knees someone and I can feel it across the fucking room.

    - cod3r

    EDIT: And FFS why would I coin MT and Aikido of all things? MT and BJJ, yes, but who would think of MT and Aikido? :)

    You and I have two totally different ideas on what Ki/chi is. Second of all if you 're using the term Ki to describe a Muay Thai instructor; I doubt you're taking authentic Muay Thai.
  10. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,964

    Posted On:
    8/18/2005 1:42am

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Qidori
    Has anybody witnessed the aikido technique in which the Uke is thrown without being touched? That is a valid aikido technique that is said to involve chi, but only as a way of describing the movement. It's like, the Uke is attacking, and suddenly the Nage swiftly moves and the Uke falls on his face (or rolls, like any respectable aikido student would do). My point is that chi in aikido is all about motion and response, as well as predicting how an Uke will move, not about hitting people 15 feet away with your energy.

    By the way, to avoid confusion, this 'touchless' throw is done within the normal range of an aikido attack, to the point where one may accidentally touch the Uke. It's widely regarded as a useless technique (the application is incredibly difficult, you might as well use a 'touching' technique), but it is more of a demonstation of your abilities to 'sense' chi (predict movement), rather than apply your own.
    :f-off: Yeah it's called subliminal hypnosis or tripping. Serioiusly, I'm not being an asshole here. Happens all the time.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.