Sponsored Links Spacer Image

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    7/18/2005 11:56pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A friend of mine who is studying psychology has suggested that Kevin might be attention seeking. That could explain his logging onto bullshido.net, and also his using YukiDragon's fanfic character in a way that caused her a lot of distress and stirred up all her friends.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Noob: Reloaded

Posted On:
    7/19/2005 12:28am

supporting member
     Style: MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    A friend of mine who is studying psychology has suggested that Kevin might be attention seeking. That could explain his logging onto bullshido.net, and also his using YukiDragon's fanfic character in a way that caused her a lot of distress and stirred up all her friends.
    The technical term is "dramawhore."
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2005 1:14am

Style: Empty-Hand Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wish bullshido.net could just hire a ninja with all the 20$ it stashed then all this could be over soon.By the way how old is this guy ?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2005 1:28am

supporting member
     Style: Gnujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I talked to him. He knows this chi stuff is BS, but it's his hobby and I suppose it keeps him off drugs since he gets a natural high from talking about this crap. The only reason he came on here was to get his picture off, but he has since stopped caring about that.

Noob: Reloaded

Posted On:
    8/14/2005 4:25pm

supporting member
     Style: MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He doesn't seem to care much about being the center of a shitstorm twice now, for two different subjects, each both excruciatingly humiliating.
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 1:59am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I may be out of place in saying this (especially due to the fact that I only read about the first half of this, then skipped to the end), but I'm wondering why nobody talked about chi in the way we were taught in aikido? It's a lot deeper than 'energy'. It isn't exactly something easily describable. Often times, chi was applying strength from the abdomen into an attack (hence the importance of the hara chakra). It was regarded as the general movement of the body, which is why in aikido, there is the practice of 'sensing' chi. It isn't a magic trick, like 'feeling' electricity; it's a matter of judging distance and timing, paying attention to weight distribution, and most importantly, feeling how your opponent moves while holding on to them. It's like in the Tai Chi push-hands exercise; you have to feel how your opponent is moving.

How we would execute techniques is as follows (I'm getting a little semi-colon happy, aren't I?); Nage pays close attention to which foot carries the most weight (which is very difficult in the traditional gi, because the feet are concealed), as well as the direction of the Uke's energy, or his movement. It isn't like a mystical energy, more like a school physics class energy, just the movement. Uke initiates attack, Nage intercepts attack and blends with it. The Nage is the Uke's center of gravity, and moves in a way that forces the Uke to move into orbit. Aikido is a very circular art. Then, Nage chooses whatever the hell movement he wants and executes it all over the Uke's ass, usually ending up with the Uke on the ground, but I have stumbled upon some interesting submission holds while improperly executing a technique. Of course, I haven't had nearly enough experience to be able to pull off an aikido tech in a street fight (and I tried, once...it hurt), but my aikido experience was my first experience in martial arts that I actually cared about.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 7:12am

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Qidori

It isn't like a mystical energy, more like a school physics class energy
    [etc, etc, etc]
    Really? A month ago I witnessed my organisation's Shihan (8th dan) zapping someone 15 ft away. With his KI. He dropped like a stone. EDIT: Not the Shihan, of course. The other geezer,

I don't think there is consensus on what it is. Different people have their own beliefs. What I know, and can say for certain, is that within the organisation that I train in the belief seems to be that there is indeed an invisible, immesurable, hitherto unknown to science force that can be harnessed to zap someone 15 ft away.

Make of it what you will.

- cod3r

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 7:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cod3r
    Really? A month ago I witnessed my organisation's Shihan (8th dan) zapping someone 15 ft away. With his KI. He dropped like a stone. EDIT: Not the Shihan, of course. The other geezer,
    Shihan's name, please.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 7:58am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cod3r

I don't think there is consensus on what it is. Different people have their own beliefs. What I know, and can say for certain, is that within the organisation that I train in the belief seems to be that there is indeed an invisible, immesurable, hitherto unknown to science force that can be harnessed to zap someone 15 ft away.

Make of it what you will.

- cod3r

Make of it what you will. Okay, you don't practice Muay thai and you don't practice Aikido you lying ****. Take it out of style profile.

Any form of Chi blasting from 15 feet away is bullshit, so unless you're being sarcastic you're on the wrong board.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 8:22am

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS
    Shihan's name, please.
    I'd like to, but I doubt anything constructive will come out of the inevitable ****-storm that will follow.

I am not making any claims whatsoever here. I am merely pointing out that "Ki" is not universally accepted to be based on current scientific theory.

There are ranked people who believe that it is some kind of life energy or force, not one related to electromagnetism, gravity or other particulate forces. It can be used to, for instance, floor someone 15 ft away.

The Shihan I saw demonstrating the technique is one of the first people to practice and teach here in the UK in the 60's. By saying this I am not making a claim of validity; but this person did not make himself a grandmaster yesterday. I believe he is well known/respected within the (not very large) UK Aikido community.

I am also not saying that I personally believe any of this.

- cod3r